Blair & Paladin's Pilgrim Crosses

We see the knife when Paladin opens it on the diligent though... The angles of the shots could also alter how the knife is perceived in action too I suppose. But my impression (unrelated to how it would look in a fight) is that the knife was never really a combat weapon and more ceremonial in nature.

The blade is certainly ceremonial (the Confed Handbook explains it, IIRC) -- but this is what I was trying to say initially... the movie includes things like Paladin's opening the knife early on specificaly *because* it's going to be used later in the knife fight. Otherwise it doesn't really make any internal sense... it's like telling you the Morningstar has a Mace and then never giving you anything big to blow up.

Gerald is also considerably older than Blair. It's not entirely surprising that he would get the better of Gerald even if Gerald's knife was bigger.

He's considerably tougher looking, too, though - I can't imagine She's All That beating up the captain of Das Boot. :)

The blade is certainly ceremonial (the Confed Handbook explains it, IIRC) -- but this is what I was trying to say initially... the movie includes things like Paladin's opening the knife early on specificaly *because* it's going to be used later in the knife fight. Otherwise it doesn't really make any internal sense... it's like telling you the Morningstar has a Mace and then never giving you anything big to blow up.

He's considerably tougher looking, too, though - I can't imagine She's All That beating up the captain of Das Boot. :)

Well, he obviously never saw the "classic jujitsu move" coming...

Also, a rare kudo to the cut-down version of the movie - it removed "FINISH HIM" (... from the screenwriter who brought us Mortal Kombat.) :)

Also, a rare kudo to the cut-down version of the movie - it removed "FINISH HIM" (... from the screenwriter who brought us Mortal Kombat.) :)

Hehe, I can't argue with that... Or wait!

That scene isn't in Kevin Droney's version. His version had some rogue pilgrim chip as part of the traitor subplot and Gerald doesn't board the Concom at all... I plan on going through that more thoroughly later tonight though.

I also haven't seen Mortal Kombat - so I can't be sure 'FINISH HIM!' is in there, either...

Speaking of going through things, does the HD version give you a better view of Paladin's tattoo?

I remember the Phoenix Pictures Memo saying that they didn't like the rogue chip and that instead Gerald should be the traitor. It strikes me as an interesting example of Hollywood producers being pretty insightful and then incredibly dumb in the same thought.

I also haven't seen Mortal Kombat - so I can't be sure 'FINISH HIM!' is in there, either...

Speaking of going through things, does the HD version give you a better view of Paladin's tattoo?

I remember the Phoenix Pictures Memo saying that they didn't like the rogue chip and that instead Gerald should be the traitor. It strikes me as an interesting example of Hollywood producers being pretty insightful and then incredibly dumb in the same thought.

I never really checked to see if I can get some better shots of that.

I only made it to about page thirty of the scripts last night. I ran out of time, So I'll have to finish that task later, but so far it's interesting.. I was comparing Kevin Droney's script and Chris Roberts second draft side by side. And there were a few things that stuck out. Some of the major changes are obviously that he's implementing all the stuff from the pheonix pictures memo. But Chris also seems to have increased how much comic relief Merlin was supposed to be. He adds him to quite a few more scenes than he was originally in. And then He goes in and alters other things to add in a traitor. Both drafts have paladin start out at pegasus though.

thats really cool i have learned alot about the plot from reading this forum; i should read the books now to learn the real story. good luick on figuring out how to rig the blade to spring out, if you havent already done so. i have been looking for a pilgrims cross myself for a long time, but trying to find one i can buy is proving futile. i tried all the links on this site and search engines for days. any ideas?

Back