Blair, Maverick?

Well, then, I apologize. Sup, 3DO brother? (Or... Mac jerk, maybe)

It's just that you've latched onto all the stupid inconsequential details that people who've never played SWC usually get from a few CIC updates I wrote without saying anything about all the awesome stuff in the game itself.

Definitly a 3DO owner/fan, Im an anti Mac person, I own a Compaq! I bought it just so I could play SWC... the moment I found out they were remaking the first one. Its great, one or two discrepencies, but all and all the game is great... though I nevered played Crudsade in the original version... are the Crusade missions actually in Super Wing Commander? Or are they just add on missions, because I never see any refrence to the Firekkan race... or any holy war...

F4U Corsair said:
Definitly a 3DO owner/fan, Im an anti Mac person, I own a Compaq! I bought it just so I could play SWC... the moment I found out they were remaking the first one. Its great, one or two discrepencies, but all and all the game is great... though I nevered played Crudsade in the original version... are the Crusade missions actually in Super Wing Commander? Or are they just add on missions, because I never see any refrence to the Firekkan race... or any holy war...

No, SWC had the 1.5 missions, which differ from the original Secret Missions significantly, which you should know if you've ever played your 3D0 SWC, or even read about them on the net.

Yeah, the 3DO is a great system. Bought mine back in the day for the same reason - the 3DO port of WC3 is also excellent, probably one of the most *fun* PC->console game ports out there.

Super Wing has a different set of 'addon' missions in place of Crusade - fans have dubbed it 'Secret Missions 1.5' since it takes place in between SM and SM2 in the timeline. It involves a lot of the same concepts as Crusade (flying Dralthi, etc.), but is wrapped around a story about blowing up the Sivar's shipyards instead of the Firekka stuff.

Haesslich said:
No, SWC had the 1.5 missions, which differ from the original Secret Missions significantly, which you should know if you've ever played your 3D0 SWC, or even read about them on the net.

Wow I never thought knowledge could turn you into an Arrogent Ass

Bandit LOAF said:
Yeah, the 3DO is a great system. Bought mine back in the day for the same reason - the 3DO port of WC3 is also excellent, probably one of the most *fun* PC->console game ports out there.

Super Wing has a different set of 'addon' missions in place of Crusade - fans have dubbed it 'Secret Missions 1.5' since it takes place in between SM and SM2 in the timeline. It involves a lot of the same concepts as Crusade (flying Dralthi, etc.), but is wrapped around a story about blowing up the Sivar's shipyards instead of the Firekka stuff.

Yeah I thought the scariest mission in "Secret Missions 1.5" was the one w/ like 8 Snakiers around you, Im like, dont misfire... dont misfire... PLEASE dont misfire...

Yeah but one Im certainly willing to buy. I just really cant see a connection between that movie and the video game . . .

Oh, but surely you’d agree that while two things may look different in some ways, they can turn out to be very much the same thing.:)

Sorry could not resist, but few thing about the movies.
I think Jürgen Prochnow might have a hand in battle scenes, but I just could not get the Das Boot feeling out of me. And when they captured that ship with grappling hooks, I just wanted to „arr, shiver me timber“. Sigh, it didn’t help when they torpedoed (cannoned) the other ship like it was a Spanish galleon. Nice fil all and all but not on the same level as the ones we see in games.

I really don't think they used the hooks to capture the ship, they more used the hooks to bring the Drayman into position so they could cut into the hull and send the marines in.

WWII in Space Works sometime. They have soldiers operating AA guns on Star Wars. That can't be much better than the sub-scene on WCM. However the later wasn't enjoyed as much. Happens.

Back