black Tigershark? where?

PhilPro

Spaceman
I was tinkering around in SO today and noticed there's no Tigershark with Black Ops load-outs. Why exactly would OSI neglect the poor Tigershark? Why equip Panthers with torpedoes? :confused: I rather hate Panthers, they aren't as cool as looking as the Vampires & the Tigersharks. If there's a fan-made black Tigershark can someone direct me to the URL? I noticed that there's a black Piranha, why a Piranha? Piranhas were the cruddiest fighters in WCP in my opinion... Tigershark would've been a better option.

PPro out

Whether you prefer the Panther to the Vampire depends a lot on your flying and fighting style. If you manuever in the vertical a lot and like heavy firepower to pack you up, Vampires are the way to go. The Panther is vetter suited to the close in dogfight in the horizontal.

Best, Raptor

My fav SO fighter is still the wasp. i used one of those programs to use it when the mission was for panthers.

Yes, the Wasp was certainly one the most powerful fighters in SOPS, more powerful than the Panther at last.

PhilPro, what exactly do you mean with "Black Ops Loadouts)? Because there ARE Tigersharks and Piranhas in the game with a different loadout than in WCP. but I do not think that it's a "black version", since it is not very powerful. And do you mean a fan made "Black" Piranha or one implemented in the game?

its not the power i prefer. it is the dust guns refire rate and the manuverability. usually i drain most of the power from the shields in the editor and transfer it to the guns.

No, you misunderstood me. What I meant was that the Dust cannons, the missile loadout, the speed and maneuverability made the Black Wasp powerful in the sense of being a very good ship. :)

WASP was the best ship of SO, in my opinion, but in the WCPG manual it clearly has a "Black" Tigershark in adition to the Tigershark-b

Nevermind. I was obviously wrong about there being no Black Tigershark. I should do thorough research on my in future rather than involving the CZ... unless I'm totally stumped. Thanks for your help anyway, sorry. You did answer my question... ^_^

PPro out

There wouldnt be a black Tigershark because the only black ships were onboard the Cerebus, and there werent any Tigersharks, or Piranhas for that matter. When we did see them they were either Confed standard or militia.

Well... there still can be a Black Tigershark. I think that ConFed "updated" there fighters so they were much stronger against the bugs (take the Wasp for example).

Don't feel bad PhilPro, you're welcome. :)

If by "black" you guys only mean improved in some way, then the Piranha C and Tigeshark B should be considered "black" as they have boosted gun armament. But as the WCPG does not put that "black" in their designation as it does iwth the other Cerberus' fighters I guess, they are not "black".

A "black" fighter is one that is used by Secret Ops forces and outfitted accordingly. Since the fighters from the Cerebus were the only Secret Ops ships in SO, they were the only "black" fighters. Im sure there could be Black Tigersharks but not in the game SO.

The B variant Tigershark is simply the latest production model -- not a 'Black' fighter (the black fighters are designated S... so, were a Black Tigershark to exist, it'd be the F/A-105S).

I believe Locke's SOSim has a 'Black' Tigershark.

Originally posted by Frosty83
Panthers are also very cool. They can turn and roll better then Vampires.
They might have a greater yaw rate, but the Vampire definitely beats the Vampire on pitch and roll. I prefer to turn horizontally, but the Vampire easily compensates for that when I roll and pitch simultaneously.

Are you guys talking about the Black Vampire versus the Prophecy Vampire? Or am i missing something altoghether?

I think Wedge wanted to say that the Vampire is better than the Panther, but instead of writing "Panther" he wrote "Vampire" again. ;)

Back