Black screen for storyline movies in P2

dlkrocker

Spaceman
I decided to replay Privateer 2 (dos version) and everything is peachy except for the movies for the storyline show me just a black screen, the sound for them works but no video.... plz help if you can.

Rocker

ps. Im running Windowns 98se, on a T-bird 1.4ghz, geforce2 pro, 512mb ddr ram, sound blaster live value. (I also spent an hour looking through this forum for a thread with a similar heading but didnt spot one.)

Fixed it

Well... it seems the game doesnt like the "full-screen" setting under properties. All the bugs are worked out now... sry to waste anyones time.

Rocker

... You play... a DOS-game... in a window inside Windows?? Windows 98 of all Windows?? *Jabbers off into a stream of impolite incoherency*

No it doesnt play in a window... but under properties/screen under "usage" i have to select window instead of full screen otherwise there is no picture for the cutscenes. I cant explain why and im not even gonna try to, but bottom line is it works.

Win98se is what i use.. i have a copy of 2000 but im to lazy to switch, if i do swich it will probably be to Windows XP profesional.

Rocker

Back