Black Lance

For one I think cloning people is pointless, besides one exception. Why I think this is because for one, if scientist and foreign scientists alike master this method they could create endless people to die, and it wouldn't even matter.

People say they would like to clone themselves? What's the difference if you clone yourself? You will be dead anyway, and then your other self will be totally different just the same physical features, but mentally he/she/it would be different.

For another reason cloning has not been very succesful as they have cloned before, and the clones either have birth defects or they have genectic mutation.

The only thing I think cloning would be good would be for cloning hearts, or other insides of our bodies to help us live. "Have a heart problem? This is no problem, because if you act fast we have a great brand new heart that is the same as yours but gentically enhanced!" This would be great for people with pacemakers, as they would love to have regular hearts again.

What is this that they have the brain of Einstein? Clone him for Godsakes! If they could clone his damn brain maybe this world could have better technology all around. Imagine Einstein was alive today? We could have lightspeed travel, easier space travel. Probably better technology all around. It was amazing how einstein pulled all these equations out of his head, and we still don't fully understand the factors of light and its potential. All we know is it goes fast, and provides us to see.

Would I clone myself? No. Would I clone my inside of my body? Yes. To help other people or myself that would be a great idea.

Nafé

Originally posted by Naféasonto

What is this that they have the brain of Einstein? Clone him for Godsakes! If they could clone his damn brain maybe this world could have better technology all around. Imagine Einstein was alive today? We could have lightspeed travel, easier space travel. Probably better technology all around. It was amazing how einstein pulled all these equations out of his head, and we still don't fully understand the factors of light and its potential. All we know is it goes fast, and provides us to see.

Cloning the brain wouldn't necessarily give him the memories, or capabilities of the original. Those are determined by experiance and the new einstien wouldn't have those.

Besides everyone is complaining about overpopulation. Now we want to make more? Now there's a brilliant idea.

Didn't people stop complaining about overpopulation in the 80s? And didn't the guy your replying to specifically say he *didn't* want to make more people?

No they still complain about over population and yes he did say he didn't want to make more people. I was agreeing with him in a sarcastic way.

Cloning should be outlawed. Cloning a person has absolutly no merit. People should be content with the one life they've been given. If they screw it up that's their problem.

Developing a way to artificially create human organs is okay. People should have a way to experience a full and prosperous life instead of spending months or even years in a hospital hooked up to life support systems. Especially children that may have defective oragns.

I don't think the GE program was necessarily a cloning thing because if genetic material was taken form Blair, Seether didn't show any of those traits in WC IV.

Cloning a human being should be made illegal for one specific reason: It is evil to force one's physical identity on another without their consent, which they cannot give prior to conception.

Any other justification for outlawing the cloning of human beings is secondary to that fact.

Originally posted by Frosty
Cloning a human being should be made illegal for one specific reason: It is evil to force one's physical identity on another without their consent, which they cannot give prior to conception.

Any other justification for outlawing the cloning of human beings is secondary to that fact.

You would be forcing a physical identity on someone, but not neccessarily a psychological one. They could still be a totally different person. That said, I think cloning sentients is a bad idea. We do not know enough to play god yet, so we're bound to screw it up somehow:)

Originally posted by panther
You would be forcing a physical identity on someone, but not neccessarily a psychological one. They could still be a totally different person.
That is my whole point.

That wasn't what I was getting at, LOAF. Cloning has no merit because of the uncertainties it holds. Not to mention the world is overpopulated as it is, why clone people, just to have more mouths to feed, and help destroy the Earth that much faster. People are not God, and we have no right to attempt to become like God. We were created for a purpose and that purpose does not include trying to clone each other.

Originally posted by Naféasonto
The only thing I think cloning would be good would be for cloning hearts, or other insides of our bodies to help us live...
Originally posted by I'm thinkin...
Developing a way to artificially create human organs is okay.
But how would these organs be made? I would not support the idea of growing 'headless' bodies to harvest these replacement organs. Are people really that fearful of their own mortality? We do not live forever in this physical body.

Originally posted by panther
We do not know enough to play god yet, so we're bound to screw it up somehow.
Nor should we, nor will we.

Originally posted by I'm thinkin...
...why clone people...?
Because people want to bypass the natural way of reproduction.

We must build Robots and transfer the brain to them, then the Robots will live in harmony with us!

No, for that, there's IVF, which unfortunately seems to create a whole lot of 'surplus' embryos, but let's not go there.

First they don't want more babies(abortion) now they do want more babies(cloning). Make up your mind.

If you are going to make babies, do it the old fashioned way, its more fun(oh yeah, like I'd know).

Heh, good point. Although I think the people who want to clone or be cloned are in a different boat those who want to abort.

There was actually a quote I saw today in some clothing store in Grand Central Station. It was for some new clothing line called "Clone"

"There has got to be an easier way to get two of something"
-Kenneth Cole

Back