Bizzare Prophecy Error

LeHah

212 Squadron - "The Old Man's Eyes And Ears"
I just bought WC: Prophecy off of Ebay and I installed it. When I hit "play" it gives me an error of "ERROR::NO MOUSE DETECTED" even though my mouse IS installed...could it be reading for my joystick instead?

Yikes, no mouse? Does it still allow you to run WCP, 'cause you should still be able to access the 'hot spots' by pressing tab.

The great mouse caper!!!!

One of the things that I have found is rarely does the generic windows mouse driver fail to operate the mouse. If it is working in all other modes/games/programs it may be a bad load of Prophecy. Having had the game for two years or so, I have had a couple of times where I had to delete it and reinstall to get it to wake up and find my joystick, even when everything else works fine. Not to say it isn't a driver, but I have burned through many mice with my kids and just hook up a new one and never load the drivers, with never an issue.

::Taps his finger to his chin::

Mmmm, you speak wisely Wilfbrim...I'll take your idea under scrutany...

I'm encountering the mouse problem mentioned in this thead.

I am using a USB Logitech Trackman (and I do also have a Bus Mouse installed, with the latest Intel and using the same Logitech mouse driver). I am running on a P4 2.4 using a GeForce4 MX-400.

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of (or bypass) the error other than the mouse driver? Any ideas?

Thanks for your time. :)

Back