Bioforge

Shipgate

Rear Admiral
So I was just at that Moby Games website and was looking at screenshots of Bioforge. That game looked pretty cool. Anyone play that one? What did you think of it?

Bioforge was an adventure and also a fighting-game and I have only good memories about Bioforge.
In my opinion it was one of the best 3D-models onto a 2D-background - game.
Alone in the Dark (with its famous Lovecraftian feelings) was the pioneer in this genre, but Bioforge "perfected" it. It offered nice grafics at its times, nice story, nice scenario and also nice gameplay. Maybe it was a bit hard, if you play it the first time and if you have no experience with such games. Of course, if you compare Bioforge with modern games, you could find it boring and probably easy or simple. But there were much atmosphere and details in it. Your player character had even a damage texturing and movement system (imagine, at this time!).
Mh, I remember that Bioforge got only moderate ratings from gaming magazines... :(

The only reason I have bioforge was because when i got WC3 it came with it along with Magic Carpet 2. Which also was a good game. I think this was a deal orgin was running at the time. Bioforge was a good game i just never got far in it.

I remember this game very fondly. I still have the original CD and look forward to the day it runs well under DOSbox!

As the game progresses you find logs and stuff and as you read them you find more about what was going on and more about yourself in a similar fashion to how Doom 3 is with the PDAs.

The premise was very interesting and when you get to the medical lab you are able to look through a photo collection of past patients and your character makes a note in his log that he has to be one of these people.

Games like this are always neat because you start the game knowing as much as your character and then sort of learn everything with your character.

Great game for what I can remember.
I got mine with WC3 and System Shock (System Shock is better IMHO), but I never managed to finished it. I got stuck at the end. :(

Back