Big Time Problems with Prophecy and SO

can anyone tell me if service pack 3 for windows xp is a problem?

who uses service pack 3 with secret ops?

Never had a problem with Secret Ops on Win XP SP3, as far as I can recall.

Sounds to me you're almost at the point of rebuilding the whole system, if that's a viable option. With so many installs, uninstalls and re-installs, I wouldn't be surprised if something got mucked up along the way.

What about Direct X....I think I run DX9.0c does it matter if your running 10 or not on XP? I remember I had issues with my SLI 8800GT's when I tried upgrading to DX10...So I had to revert back to DX9.0C

I am running DX 9.0C as usual. I think there is no DX 10 for Xp, only for vista and win7

edit: I found a dx 10 version for xp,however no difference..

I'm sure DirectX 10 is only for Vista and later, and any versions would for XP would be unofficial hacks, I think.

I want to make sure of a few things just to make sure we're not missing something importants here. You did not install SO into the WCP directory? You completely deleted SO and all patches before reinstalling? You are trying all video modes? After a fresh install, the game still doesn't run without any patches with or without compatability modes?

EDIT: The fact that you can't seem to uncheck compatability mode for the game has got me thinking... Are you actually running win as Administrator? You might need to change your win login settings.

I want to make sure of a few things just to make sure we're not missing something importants here. You did not install SO into the WCP directory? You completely deleted SO and all patches before reinstalling? You are trying all video modes? After a fresh install, the game still doesn't run without any patches with or without compatability modes?

yes to all

@ edit: I cannot uncheck combatibility mode in petes version. in the secret ops version of prophecy gold i can check and uncheck combatibility mode, also I checked the user accounts. I am logged in as Computeradministrator

btw:

Pete, have you made in any progress on my concern? :)

okay,

i installed a clean and very very basic win xp with direct x, sound drivers and graphicsdrivers along with some codecs on a second harddrive

secret ops and UE now runs perfectly.

basically, I am running two win xps now on two harddrives, but hey it worked :)

Back