Bidding is hard me thinks...

RFBurns said:
You could try putting an ad in the wanted section of your local newspaper. Maybe check out flea markets or even pawn shops. I bought two KS copies, one from ebay and found one via the news paper ad method.

I dunno about local newspapers, especially where I live. Try Amazon or Chips & Bits. They get some pretty nice finds every now and again.

It also depends on how much you want it.

I've seen a couple of KS "Buy it now" auctions. Sure, you're paying either a huge premium ($125-$175), but since I've seen them go around $120, it depends how badly you want it.

High,

Shipgate said:
Well this is the third time I've tried bidding for the Kilrathi Saga. I've not much strategy for bidding. I don't mind going fairly high, but the reason I lost it today was I had to go to work when there was like two hours left on it. Is any other way in this world to get the Kilrathi Saga not via Ebay?

You got a couple of really good advises :). One more: If You are willing to pay 50$ for something go and bid 50,37$, maybe you outbid someone who bids 50,00$ .

Has anyone ever upped a bid just to spite someone, even though they knew that they weren't going to win?

I have. Takes a bit of work in that you gotta know how much people are willing to pay so you know you'll be outbid...

It gets more interesting when they guy has a max bid on how high to go without winning...

Holy crap, did you see what that Wing Commander: Prophecy poster went for? Friggin' $96! Jesus!

Edit: I went back to the eBay page to look at who the winning bidder was. Someone named wcloaf, which made me go "Oooooooooh..."

LOAF, was that you?

High,

Jacob said:
Holy crap, did you see what that Wing Commander: Prophecy poster went for? Friggin' $96! Jesus! Then again, if you looked through that one guys past auctions, he's bought a bunch of other Wing Commander stuff.

I own such a poster!
I'm rich guys, hooray, hooray I'm rich :))!

Holy crap, did you see what that Wing Commander: Prophecy poster went for? Friggin' $96! Jesus! Then again, if you looked through that one guys past auctions, he's bought a bunch of other Wing Commander stuff.

I wonder who WCLOAF could possibly be.

Hehe, oops, replied before you edited your post.

I don't think $96 is bad for the WCP Poster... the $96 that someone paid for the WCU Map, however, is insane.

96$???!!! I hope that piece of paper has gold trinkets embedded within the pulp.

Maybe the seller should have held onto it for awhile. Might have got more than 96$.

And I thought I spent too much on ebay! :eek:

Hmm.. I have 2 of the WCP "movie" posters.. but they're both framed.. a framed WCU Map and I'm not sure how many WCU maps rolled up in a tube..

$96.. will wonders never cease..

-Johnny

I have... several hundred... WCU Maps... Boomer sent them to me... I'm not sure why. I'm happy to send them out to people who want them.

Bandit LOAF said:
I have... several hundred... WCU Maps... Boomer sent them to me... I'm not sure why. I'm happy to send them out to people who want them.

I might have to take you up on that offer as I have no idea where mine has gone...I'm gonna look first but hopes are grim...

Back