Bhantkara-Class Carrier

Starman©

Spaceman
Hello folks,

since this forum lacks new goodies, and you all get enough fighters in the last few weeks, I thought it is about time to show of some capships again.

Lynx has remodelled the bhantkara-class carrier, and he did a damn good job with it. Enclosed the tech-description, and some nice renders (but it is exactly what you will see ingame in WC-Saga. It has also some (canon) modifications, so if there are still people out who think "Give me a Longbow and I will toaste it !", you can forget it this time :D !

*************************************************************************************
The Kilrathi's newest fleet carrier, the Bhantkara-class's superior naval design has totally replaced the Snakier II-class on the front-lines. Intelligence has determined that they carry over 120 fighters, bombers, and support craft in their standard eight-ship squadrons. Intel also estimates that these heavy carriers sacrificed symmetry for more efficient design, eliminating non-combatant (hence redundant) systems and increasing the carrying capacity of the ship. Even though they are the Kilrathi's newest carriers, Intel has determined that the design is still inferior to their Terran counterparts. Bhantkara-class carriers tend to be less shielded and protected then our own Lexington-class and Concordia-class carriers, and their lack of redundant systems make them more susceptible to severe damage levels. But the fact that the Kilrathi has 20+ fleet carriers to our own 10+ often tilts the odds heavily.

***************************************************************************************

Credits are, as stated above : Model and textures by Lynx (and a few minor modifications done by me :) ) BTW, someone sticky this thread please.

banthkara3.jpg

banthkara4.jpg

banthkara5.jpg

I really can't believe my eyes here...

You guys can actually make WC3_chopped_up_lego_Kilrathis look good.

Especially this fly through carrier wonder.

Starman© said:

It has also some (canon) modifications, so if there are still people out who think "Give me a Longbow and I will toaste it !", you can forget it this time :D !

If you wonder what these canon modifications are, read about the Kargas armament in False Colors. :cool:

I see at least 8 or 10 small turrets, I would buy them as point defense weapons like a phalanx, or maybe point defense missile turrets, RAM cool. Looks like only 5 or 6 large capital scale turrets, is that right?

Great, but now my personal webspace has going "boom" too. WTF is wrong
with the internet nowadays :mad: .

I hope I can restore the pics soon (and since this forum don't allow later
changes to your own posts, I can't use another link).

Nevermind, it's up again :)

I was only shocked, because that is something very unusual, the provider is
very good (I'm using a business contact)

Tolwyn said:
you should attach those images.

@powell: I told ya, "something big is comming" :)

Tolwyn, not that anyone actually cares, but isn't it coming with one m? That mistake's also made in the end of the WC Saga trailer. ;)

Darn, it's down again, gotta check this tomorrow when I'm at work.
I uploaded the pictures to our FTP, here they are :

banthkara3.jpg

banthkara4.jpg

banthkara5.jpg

I wonder if it's pretty from the inside... :)

Too bad they didn't have flashpacks in 2669, I would love to land one on a Kilrathi fleet carrier.

Back