Beyond Good and Evil

Manboy

Rear Admiral
Has anyone else played this gem of a game? I found it at EB for a measly $25au (probably $10us) and even though i've been inundated with new games to play ( Doom3, MGS3, Brothers in Arms and more) I haven't been able to put the thing down......Brilliant gameplay and graphics with unique characters and a decent storyline. But its the gameplay that won me over - its a cross between action and stealth with a strong layer of atmosphere and err photography.

Apparantly it didnt sell that well, which is a shame because it's really one of the best games i've played in a long time. Can anyone else back-up my claim?

Indeed, I heard it was quite good. It was supposed to be one of those awesome yet overlooked games, like the original Viewtiful Joe was at first. Now, with a strong lineup of sequels out and coming though, Viewtiful Joe can be considered a strong standing game. I just wish the same had happened to Beyond Good and Evil.

I'll pick it up once the gamecube is dead and I have my backwards compatible Nintendo Revolution. Then it'll be cheaper and harder to find, but more of a hidden oldies classic, like some of the good 3rd party N64 games are now.

Then again, I'm guessing you got the PC version, this being a WC forum and all...

Jesus said:
I'll pick it up once the gamecube is dead and I have my backwards compatible Nintendo Revolution. Then it'll be cheaper and harder to find, but more of a hidden oldies classic, like some of the good 3rd party N64 games are now.

It was already reduced to $20 and became hard to find more than a year ago. There's no reason to wait. I picked it up because it was supposed to be very good and sold exceptionally poorly, but I never got around to opening it.

Really Good. A bit short, but a lot of fun and well crafted. Can't say I've played it since originally finishing it a year ago, though.

Jesus said:
Then again, I'm guessing you got the PC version, this being a WC forum and all...

XBOX version actually.

Jibbo said:
Really Good. A bit short, but a lot of fun and well crafted. Can't say I've played it since originally finishing it a year ago, though.

I've only just recently finished and truth be told I dont think I'll play it through again - but thats just what im like with games. Rarely do I play a game through twice no matter how much I got into it - not enough time really. And yeah its extremely well crafted, you can tell it's a labour of love. Michel Ancel being the lead designer.

Apparantly there's a sequal on the horizon despite the poor sales of the first. Much like ICO and Prince of Persia - both not doing well on the charts, but because (like BG&E) of the high quality of the originals they're all getting sequals. It's a rare thing.

Back