Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Wing Commander IV: The Price of Freedom

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • Wing Commander: Prophecy

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
I'm not sure if there has been a poll like this before, so...

I'd have to go with the first one. You get to kick ass and take names without politics getting in the way, and there are no real consequences (destruction of Earth) if you lose. Plus I think the group of pilots on the Tiger's Claw were the best, bar none. The second one I've played, and despite it playing too fast and without sound I felt it was more of the same, which was good, but I stay the first because it was the first. WC3 was the best in making you feel you were in the war against the Kilrathi. But there's a few things that turn me off, such as long missions (on hard) or too easy (on easy) and a particular plot point. WC4 was good, but it suffered from not really having a good enemy. Prophocy I haven't been able to get, not from lack of trying though.

Wing Commander 2 was my favorite because it was really the first one I had any idea how to play. I did play WC 1 when I was 5 but I could never get past the first couple of missions.

only included the WC games in the actual series. As I belive Privateer would win hands down if I had included them all

Nope. The same poll that occured a couple of months ago, including Privateer, WCIV won. WCIV is my absolute favorite WC game as is tied with several other games as my #1 all time favorites.

The CIC already made a poll about this, including all WC games. 1722 people voted, and WC4 won with 466 votes, or 27.06 %. Other polls tend to have similar results.

The Dragon, the favorite fighter of WC4, also won a poll with the favorite fighter so other games and is the most popular WC fighter. (note: this poll has the morningstar incorrectly underlined)

Code:
What is your favorite WC game? 
WC1 79 4.59 % 
WC2 113 6.56 % 
WC3 267 15.51 % 
WC4 466 27.06 % 
Prophecy 278 16.14 % 
Secret Ops 52 3.02 % 
Privateer 345 20.03 % 
Privateer 2 63 3.66 % 
Academy 6 0.35 % 
Armada 10 0.58 % 
Undecided 43 2.50 % 
TOTAL
 1722 100.00 %

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe I C ;)

Well WCIV is a really great game, but I still like WC2 a bit better. And Privateer is leagues ahead of the competition IMHO. ;)

Priv is one og the 5 best games I have ever played in the over 15 years now that I have been a gamer ;)

Back