Best WC game to date

With the exception of New Coke. Oh wait, succesful wasn't in there. :p Sorry, the Balley's/Williams comment the other day knocked me into 80's nostalga mode.

AAARGH I can't decide!!!
It's either WCII or WCIII. 2 for introducing me to the series, having a great storyline, and nostalgy. 3 for hooking me on the series, having a fantastic atmosphere and a very lasting impact.
WC4 was definitely the best storywise. WC4 is one of two games I ever wanted to keep playing to know what happened next in the story (like a book you can't stop reading). The other was Blade Runner.

Yeah Blade Runner is a great game too, i cant stop playing it...:D but thats not the point here...

umm i reckon WC3 was great, it was one of the first games i ever bought and got me hooked to the series, WC4 i cant get hold of till after x-mas (i want the DVD version) Prophecy's engine was nice but the story was laggin behind in terms of WC3 :) in fact i love all the WC games :D

Vermin

I'd have to say that the entire saga is all my favorite (if that makes any sense) But in little catagories it's:

WC3 for introducing me to the game and for proving that you can have FMV in a computer game and not have lame acting
WC4 for the truly awsome plot. I replay to this day and it still gives me goosebumps.
Privateer for showing the seedy underside of the WC universe.
WC1 for showing us where some of our favorite characters started.
and finally,
WCP for giving us a truly badass new enemy that make the Cats look like campfire girls.

Now i know some of the WC2 fans may be asking "Why didn't this loser put it on the list?" Well that's because to this day i have never ever played it. I know basically what happens in it but knowing the plot and experiencing it are two different things. But if anyone could tell me where to get my hands on a copy that dosen't involve spend copious amounts of my hard earned cash that I need to pay for school with on the Kilrathi Saga, please tell me. And please don't say EBay. I've already looked there and I haven't found a copy of WC2 there in quite a long time. Not sence my junior year of high school and I couldn't have gotten it then.
Thanks

WC1 introduced me to the series... but I'm kind of oldschool and like gameplay a little more than story. So, I like Prophecy and WC1 the most.

Hooray for gameplay.

Originally posted by Bobbo1701
And please don't say EBay. I've already looked there and I haven't found a copy of WC2 there in quite a long time. Not sence my junior year of high school and I couldn't have gotten it then.
Thanks

E-Bay. I just looked and saw several up for auction. This one is on CD.
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1312123062

This one is on 5.25" floppies (though not many folks still have that size drive)

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1311962366

and the addons are here on 3.5.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1310023981

This one is on CD and also throws in Ultima Underworld.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1311665021

I see Wing Commander II stuff there quite a lot, and most times the prices are quite resonable. If you think the stuff on EBay is overpriced or you can't use it because you don't have a credit card or something like that, that is one thing. But to say the games are never there is just not true.

WC2

Wing commander 2 isn't that hard to get online I don't believe... oh well, whomever does not play it is seriously missing out. It furthered the WC series into an intricate story as well as had kicking gameplay. I used to read everything I could about all of the wing commander games (save for WC1 & 3, because I had them) and it created it's own imprint in my mind even before I played them.... so my opinion may be slightly biased... lol

Armada still is the best to me..... maybe I'm sick?:(

Originally posted by Zor Prime
This may sound wierd, but I liked the graphics of WC1 and 2. It had a certain horney feel.

at the time it was better than saterday morning animation.:cool:
hear is my salection priv wc1 wc2 and wcp.

happy hollidays

from Hawke:D

Back