Best Music

frostytheplebe

Seventh Part of the Seal
Which WC tune did you feel was the best one? Personally, nothing goes better for me then the bombing run in WC2. The music that plays as you target an enemy capship and go in for the kill is awesome... though I'd think of that more as victory music, it doesn't seem appropriate for a bombing mission.

hmmm, Tricky one,

I'd go with the title music from WC4, really conveys the suprise and desperation of the ambush.

The others I'd go for are the torpedo run music from WC2, that was awesome, with all the flak and AMG blast going off around me, waiting for lock so I can drop the torps can get the heck outta there, and the music that played on WC1 when a missile was incoming.

The scramble music in Wing Commander I remains the series' signature theme for me... but I can't hit up a 'best music' thread without also pointing out how amazing the base themes in the original Privateer are. They really 'made' the feel of the different environments...

The scramble music from WC 1 is the signature music for me too. Though the intro music of WC 1 is very catchy as well. Overall, I like the music in WC 1 and 2 the best, including the combat music.
And yes, the Privateer planet music was excellent as well. They seemed alien and even a bit spooky to me (except for Oxford and Pleasure planets. They were great but not spooky).

I can still hear the music of WC1 and WC3 in my mind.
Sometimes when I play my guitar and don't know what to play next, I just play some melodies, and quite often I realize after a few minutes that some parts of the melodies I play out of my mind are in fact parts of Wing Commander music.

I'll never forget the feeling, sitting in my chair in front of my computer after destroying Kilrah. The credits of WC 3 on my screen and that soundtrack.

And of course there is WC1. One of the first games I enjoyed so much that I played it again, and again, and... again. The day I found out that I can get that old music to listen to it again (thanks, CIC!!!) was a good day.

The WC1 and WC2 themes mentioned are great choices; but some of the Privateer scores certainly come to mind. I remember several of those not merely "being good" but being THE number one mood setter for several parts of the game.

My Favorite is Megadeths "Angry Again" it's got some pretty cool guitar riffs and stuff. Also was used in that movie "The Last Action Hero" an 80's film about the Governator :D

WC2 Music is what I hear when I think of Wing Commander, probably because that is the first WC game I played, but I also like the WC4 music a-lot.

I'm torn as to whether I like the WC2 or WC3 theme better, so I'll say they're both my favorites.

Definitely the WCII theme... I remember the impact it had on me when I first fired the game up and watched the 'Claw go down.

The music and the imagery together gave me chills at the time...

Ooooh that's a toughie, but I'd have to say that the Wing Commander III credits music is at the top of my list. I'm not sure why, but it never fails to send a chill up my spine, that after all that had happened, the war was finally over.

Back