Bengal is Gun Crazy

Originally posted by TC
Dash you, Joan's Ships of Known Space! For a reputable source of data, you're always freakishly out of date about Bengals!
Hehe, Joan's is possibly the most disreputable source of ship info that we have... I don't think there's ever been a single issue which was actually completely accurate :).
But I concede. We agree on the important fact that the pre-2642 Bengals were significantly different, so whether they were considered the same class or not is not worth arguing, especially since there is indeed not a shred of evidence to support my view.

Originally posted by TC
That sounds like a challange!

Ive tried a lot ! Believe me!I am a Wc freak.

The only solution is not to include WCM`s ships as they are in the Ships database.

I dont want again to argue with Loaf and the half CIC that WCM,WCA and the designs from SWC should be in the regular WC timeline....

Originally posted by Quarto
Hehe, Joan's is possibly the most disreputable source of ship info that we have... I don't think there's ever been a single issue which was actually completely accurate :).

Yeah, but saying that wouldn't let me be very very sarcastic, now would it?

Are you saying it *doesn't* take a Scimitar 60 seconds to do a complete rotation!?!

(yay, two chances to be very very sarcastic)

Carriers Commisioning Dates

Ranger 2579
Bengal2619 Upg in 2642
Concordia 2634
Jutland 2657
Confederation 2660
Lexington 2668
Vesuvius 2672
Midway 2681
Hades 2681

Not sure about durango

Unless you have something extremely important to add, it's generally a good idea not to reply to threads that ceased to be active more than a month ago.

Yeah, it's hard to tell when a thread was last posted in, since dates aren't all over the place!

(Hurray, four!)

I really don't think the Bengal is "gun crazy," but wasn't the ship a bit smaller than I remember it to be? I always thought the Bengal was really, really big.

Well, the Bengal is supposed to be 700 meters long, compared to about 1800 meters for the Midway, so it should properly be a bit less than half as long as the Midway.

I was glad for the many gun turrets on the Dauntless. Especially when the Zu'Baka was also closeby. Very few bugs could survive long enough to hurt me when I lead them between the two laser-toting luggers.

Back