Bebopanonymous

Awesome! I was actually introduced to Cowboy Bebop recently. I saw the individual session DVDs at a Sam Goody and laughed at the title (Cowboy Bebop's a funny name). I had no clue what it was about. It wasn't until about a year ago I saw my first episode on Adult Swim (the Alien knockoff with the poisonous space sludge; Toys in the Attic, one of my favorite episodes). Ever since I've been hooked. It wasn't until I saw episodes like Asteroid Blues, Ball of Fallen Angels, Waltz for Venus and the Jupiter Jazz episodes that I completely fell in love with it.

Tis a great anime series, indeed. I was never into blues or jazz or anything experimental in terms of music but the tunes in Cowboy Bebop are incredible. It's too bad it ended at 26....

Cowboy Bebop isn't my number one anime, either (Macross/Robotech holds that place) but- I agree- it's very awesome.

Hey speaking of anime does anyone remember an old anime based on Battletech. I used to watch it all the time when i was kid but i can't remember the name. All i know is it had robots like those from mechwarrior.

Delta_Strife said:
Hey speaking of anime does anyone remember an old anime based on Battletech. I used to watch it all the time when i was kid but i can't remember the name. All i know is it had robots like those from mechwarrior.

You're probably thinking of Macross/Robotech. In fact, it's the other way around. Battletech ripped off a lot of its mecha from Macross/Robotech.

Another good "mech show" was ExoSquad, which eventually ripped off both Macross/Robotech and Battletech in some hasty marketing scheme. ExoSquad... I wish they'd release that show on DVD too....

I donno I remember the show had Clans "I think the Wolf clan actually" and the inner sphere like mechwarrior. Or maybe it was the wolf caln fighting the falcon clan i don't remember its been a long time.

I have a Bushwacker and Hunchback IIC toy mech from the series (in pieces somewhere).

you still wouldn't happen to have the boxes to those. The boxes would have the names that way i could download some of the show.

Col.Dom said:
Tis a great anime series, indeed. I was never into blues or jazz or anything experimental in terms of music but the tunes in Cowboy Bebop are incredible. It's too bad it ended at 26....

How is Blues and Jazz 'experimental'? Without blues there would be no Rock or R&B or Jazz for that matter. And Jazz paved the way for all the current "pop music". Jazz was the first hugely popular style of music. It's all the new stuff that's "experimental".

Oh, Bebop rules. One of the better animes out there.

steampunk said:
How is Blues and Jazz 'experimental'? Without blues there would be no Rock or R&B or Jazz for that matter. And Jazz paved the way for all the current "pop music". Jazz was the first hugely popular style of music. It's all the new stuff that's "experimental".

Oh, Bebop rules. One of the better animes out there.

Oh, no no. I wasn't calling Blues & Jazz experimental. I was referring to some of the other music on the show. It's very... different from what you'd normally hear.

Of course, there are other noticable genres of music on the show. Most notable being heavy metal. That episode rocked :D

Back