Beat mission 1 in Nightmare

Sylvester

Vice Admiral
I beat Mission 1 (First Strike) on Nightmare difficulty with an Epee. It was damn hard avoiding the missiles being shot off the Fralthi and I came home with 76% damage but I made it. I had no idea I was even capable of beating it on that high a difficulty.

Cool

The game wasn't tested in nightmare mode. I'm not sure if it's been completed at that level yet, but it sure wasn't tested to see if it was possible. Quarto made sure every mission was completable on hero mode.

I'm pretty sure one or two people have mentioned finishing it on Nightmare... but I'll be damned if I remember who they are :p.

Um, I did.

Apart from the one with the mine thing that made youe sensors go all funny. Had to drop down to ace to manage that.

I didn't realise UE wasn't intended to be played on nightmare, I always use it for the WCP/SO engine as the game is so darn easy. Never could get past the easiest difficulty setting on the other WC games though.

I beat about the game on Nightmare. It wasn't easy, either. I kept taking dumbfires up the nose from those Salthis.

jammyo2k said:
I didn't realise UE wasn't intended to be played on nightmare, I always use it for the WCP/SO engine as the game is so darn easy. Never could get past the easiest difficulty setting on the other WC games though.
Well, it's not really true that UE isn't intended to be played on nightmare. I mean, I never bothered testing it on that level, but there's certainly no reason why it wouldn't be playable on nightmare ;).

Other than the fact that you've basically handed the Kilrathi a nice large dose of steroids and told them we're little children with lots of extra lunch money.

Back