Beacon Mission in Prophecy

Kilroy

Spaceman
Does anybody know how to finish that "search the beacon in the asteroid field"-mission. The one shortly after Blair's kidnapping. I first fly to Nav1, kill all bugs, then to Nav2, where is nothing but Maniac telling me to check Nav3 and there I kill all Bugs again and start to fly close to the mines or whatever until the computer says they are identified. And everytime I checken three or four of those I get the message from the officer that "the CAG has ordered" me to return and the "mission failed" announcement comes. I don`t really know what to do. Any help?

This one (if I remember correctly) is actually kind of tough because Stilletto will find it first if you are not fast enough and consequently cause you to fail the mission. At NAV 3 you have a limited amount of time to find the beacon after the last bug is killed. What I do is turn off smart targetting and start flying around while targeting the rocks/objects simultaneously avoiding fire from the bugs. Eventually you'll find the beacon.

The beacon is invincible, so go around shooting them until you find the right one. It's always the pointy one, not the spiky mine looking thingy. (Sorry for the bad descriptions)

Back