Battletech Movie?

Bandit LOAF said:
I bought a few of them at D*C and occasionally play with my sister...

Sadly, expansion sets created new rules and totally changed the feel of the game. I quit playing thanks to certain bullshit additions.

Bandit LOAF said:
I bet you could make a pretty funtastic wargame out of just the cheap troops and tanks, leaving the mechs out alltogether.)

Me and my grandfather used to do that. German WW2 soldiers against brave lego-men. (didn't have anything better. :rolleyes: )

LeHah said:
Sadly, expansion sets created new rules and totally changed the feel of the game. I quit playing thanks to certain bullshit additions.

Such is the way of all continuing CCG-like games, it would seem... they increase in complexity until they crush themselves and are forced to reboot.

(I'm thinking, in particular, of the Decipher Star Wars and Star Trek games.)

Bandit LOAF said:
Such is the way of all continuing CCG-like games, it would seem... they increase in complexity until they crush themselves and are forced to reboot.

I agree. My younger cousins have tons of the Dark Age mechs and paraphernalia and I try playing it with them a few times but it very complex...seems like everytime they have new rules. I think the game would be decidely enhanced if there was a big map divided into several spaces (maybe hexagonal?) so that the measuring thing is done away. Its so stupid having to pull out a tape measure every turn to see if something is in or out of range and then they argue about quarter of inches etc. A board would solve a great deal of things. They could even take a page from Memoir 44 and have tiles with different terrain types that can be easily reassembled.

Eh, I've got to say, I enjoyed the tape measure -- it lets you play all over the place (in hotel lobbies with soda bottle obstacles, at Dragon*Con... or out in the yard in front of m house with my sister.)

Bandit LOAF said:

I never got into the Star Wars one but I still have my Star Trek deck if you ever want to play. I have the entire bridge crew plus the Enterprise sitting on my dresser.

Alas, I never got into the Star Trek one but I still have my Star Wars deck.

Just like the story about the combs.

This story is all the more apt since I got my hair cut only two days ago.

So wheres my comb, LOAF?

Oh no! Paradox!

(This is the part where we see multiple Datas trying to fix the time stream in Season 1)

Hey did anyone ever play the old BattleTech games? I had one on my old 286, something like Crescent Hawks. It was an RPG... i loved it, it was awesome. To my knowledge there where two other games, does anyone know what their titles were?

Mechwarrior 1 was cool simple EGA polygons. I was always fond of the Locust. I think that those RPG games were called Battletech. The Crescent Hawks Revenge

Crescent Hawk's Inception, and Crescent Hawk's Revenge. Both were released by Infocom.

Overhead map with Battlemechs represented by a side or front view instead of overhead.

:p

Also, afaik, the only computerized version of the game that features the Chameleon training battlemech (another battlemech that was removed when the old mechs disappeared), infamous for its whopping three points of armor on the back.

^^;;

I played the first one on a friend's computer until I got to the map room (and my friend didn't have the documentation handy, so I got stuck at that point). I've never seen the second one.

Yeah, i pretty much got stuck in the ComStar cache. I havent played it since i was like 10 years old, and back then i wasnt intresting in mapping out the individual terminals and what not. So I never saw past that point. If given a second chance i would defenately play it, just to see the end. I've played the beginning of the Second one. Alot more strategy, and the combat system is set up a lot differently, but it is nevertheless cool.

Back