Battlefield 2

Sarty

Rear Admiral
For reasons I don't know EA released Battlefield 2 earlier than anounced, so I bought it today. Anyone else get it yet, and what do you think of it? I love these games anyways but this one is awesome! I really like the feel of the vehicles this time around, and the tank guns don't arc as bad. ;) I seem to be getting killed by my own guys more often though. :(

Post the names of any good servers you may know of too please. :D

At one point the game had a Spring 2005 release date, and the PC version has been rescheduled for June for some time. It sounds pretty great, but people talking about servers and server browsing was kind of a bad memory. I'd have to know a bunch of people who had the game to make it worthwhile. I've always wanted to play one of the Battlefield games though. Is the demo worth bothering with? The XBox 360 version should be out by the end of the year, so I might think about picking it up there.

Definitely check the demo out. It's wickedly addicting. There are several bugs in the demo that I'm sure were polished up for the release.

It really captures the feel of the original Battlefield 1942 and what made it work out so well with even more to do (flying into battle in a helicopter sitting on the side taking enemies out with 4 or 5 other buddies is amazing).

It does need a pretty beefy rig to play it, but it's worth it.

I haven't played the demo, and I probably won't since I have the game now. I don't think the game needs too powerful a system to play on though. I'm running the game on medium settings just at a higher resolution and the game still looks stunning, there's really no need to be running at high, so any decent computer shouldn't have many problems.

I tried the demo. The game has pretty great animation. People seem to fall well. I can't aim with a mouse though, so I didn't get to see as much dying as I'd have liked. Looks kinda average at the quality/resolution I can get going smoothly. Just more incentives to wait and see the XBox one though. Definitely one that will benefit from everyone having a voice headset.

ChrisReid said:
I tried the demo. The game has pretty great animation. People seem to fall well. I can't aim with a mouse though, so I didn't get to see as much dying as I'd have liked. Looks kinda average at the quality/resolution I can get going smoothly. Just more incentives to wait and see the XBox one though. Definitely one that will benefit from everyone having a voice headset.

http://www.nyko.com/nyko/products/?i=33#
http://www.nyko.com/nyko/pdf/AirFloEXPC.pdf

Nyko has just extended its range of PC controllers with the Air Flo EX for PC/MAC. Like its predecessor, the Air Flo PC, it is a perfect blend of comfort, convenience, and precision. And here’s the kicker – now you get powerful driver software that allows you to create multiple custom button configurations. PLUS you can use the controller to emulate keyboard and mouse functions, allowing you to use the Air Flo EX with all games, even titles that are not game pad compatible. And we haven’t forgotten our unique Air Flo technology that keeps your hands cool and dry, so you can play as long as you want with ease.

There you go Chris. Play all FPS PC games with a gamepad. (PCG 85%) No rumble effects though.

-AD

I'm going to try it. I'll play some GW before buying BF2, though, not enough time for both.

This one looks pretty awful, too.
I still think that Crid can't play FPS with mouse+keyboard because he isn't used to.

Hmm, Chris I'll definitely buy the BF2 for the xbox 360 when it comes out...we can hook up and play on live. On a side note, what is the scheduled date for the xbox 360? I thought it was in November sometime.

There is no scheduled date. I'm not sure yet on the Battlefield.. it depends if everyone else gets it or not. I'm definitely going for Burnout Revenge and Ghost Recon for the launch window. Battlefield's one of a few others I'm thinking of.

Back