Battle of Earth

BlackJack2063

Rear Admiral
New guy here again. I was wondering if any of you have the statistics for the superarriers out of Fleet Action. They are mentioned as Bhantkara, or that is the class of supercarrier that UBW gets in False Colors, they don't seem mean enough, I have a hard time believing that the carriers from WCIII are the same ones.

If anybody has anything for these supercarriers I would appreciate it, I don't know my way around the online WC thing very well yet, and I may need to lean on my wingmen a little bit.

Oh, and something just for my own indulgence, if (a big if it seems like) they ever do make another Tiger's Claw, what class of carrier would it be. The Vesuvius class seemed to be named after famous volcanoes (aside from the Eisen), and the Midway class seemed to be named after famous naval battles. Would it be a Concordia, a Jutland, or some other class of carrier.

Another Indulgene lol. Why didn't they name any of the Midway carriers after famous naval battles from the WC universe, was it simply because of simplicity, or a reference to again American history (I read something about that in a previous forum discussion).

Again thanks for putting up with me, this is the first time I have ever joined a fan site, and at least it is one I can relate to, and one that there are a dedicated group of fans that honestly want to see one of the greatest video game franchises come back, and not just a bunch of kooks that want to see wierd games that only they liked (At least WC is marketable lol)

BlackJack

New guy here again. I was wondering if any of you have the statistics for the superarriers out of Fleet Action. They are mentioned as Bhantkara, or that is the class of supercarrier that UBW gets in False Colors, they don't seem mean enough, I have a hard time believing that the carriers from WCIII are the same ones.

The Bhantkara-class is the WC3/False Colors carrier. The carriers in Fleet Action are the superior Hakaga-class.

Stats quoted:

Length: 1,580 meters
Mass: 500,000 tonnes
Top Speed: 30 kps
Y/P/R: 5/5/5 dps
Shields/Armor-
WC2 style phase shields
3,000 cm armor
Weapons-
Quad-Mass Driver Batteries (32)
Gatling Launch Tubes (6)
Neutron Batteries (16)
Laser Batteries (16)
Fighter Compliment: 288

Another Indulgene lol.

In the Wing Commander universe, we call Eugenes 'Daniels'. And vice versa, as per my understanding (G)

Why didn't they name any of the Midway carriers after famous naval battles from the WC universe, was it simply because of simplicity, or a reference to again American history (I read something about that in a previous forum discussion).

Hmm... that's an odd question. Of the two Midway-class ships we see in the games, one actually is nameda fter a WC battle: the TCS Mistral Sea, after where the Concordia went down.

Of the remaining eight unseen Midways, three are named after 'fictional' battles: Tafanda Bay, Ptoloman's Rift and Enyo III.

Again thanks for putting up with me, this is the first time I have ever joined a fan site, and at least it is one I can relate to, and one that there are a dedicated group of fans that honestly want to see one of the greatest video game franchises come back, and not just a bunch of kooks that want to see wierd games that only they liked (At least WC is marketable lol)

Glad to have anyone here who's interested in WC enough to ask such detailed questions! :)

Eh, I'm not a huge fan of 'repeating' names -- especially an entirely unique one like Tiger's Claw.

And I've had to spend a terrifyingly large portion of my life explaning the difference between the three. :) It's definately best for all parties involved to come up with original ship names.

That would also leave room for things such as the TCS Fugi, the TCS Everest, and, my personal favorite, TCS Blue Ridge (after a mountain range)

Are you referring to Mt. Fuji? That's a volcano, and according to LOAF and Cap'n Johnny there's already a TCS Fujiyama (which is the same thing). Personally I'd like to see a TCS Kilimanjaro. I always thought that would be a good name for a Vesuvius-class.

But alas, we're derailing the thread. I apologize.

I was in bed last night and I remembered that I used the wrong name for the Hakagas, and the only reason I didn't get up to fix it, was cause I knew I wouldn't go back to sleep till even later lol!

What is the name of the volcano that became Crater Lake, they say it was the largest eruption in history. Also, what is the actual name for the Yellowstown super volcano. I can't remember if it actually has a name, it has been a few months since I read that book.

Oh and hey ovemortal, just for my curious spirit, do you know what day in July you joined up lol. Must be tired and goofy, my B-day is in july

BlackJack2063 said:
What is the name of the volcano that became Crater Lake, they say it was the largest eruption in history. Also, what is the actual name for the Yellowstown super volcano. I can't remember if it actually has a name, it has been a few months since I read that book.

Mount Mazama? And I thought Vesuvius' or maybe Thera's eruptions were larger, since the latter literally blew the much larger island of Santorin apart, also killing the Minoan civilization as well.

Sylvester said:
Its Mount Rainer that became crater lake.

http://www.nps.gov/mora/

THIS is Mount Rainer. Notice that it's nowhere near Oregon, where Crater Lake is.

http://www.nps.gov/crla/home.htm

This is Crater Lake, which was formed by the eruption of Mount Mazama.

Mount Rainer has yet to fall apart, and given that Seattle/Tacoma, Yakima, and Portland are all in easy range of it... I would hope it HASN'T blown up yet, and doesn't plan to blow up with the sort of force that Mount Mazama or Thera were known for.

Otherwise Microsoft, Starbucks, and many other companies and innocent people would soon be dead. Dead Microsoft...

Hmm...

Okay, maybe it wouldn't be so bad. :D

Almost then days off.
I was to young for St. Helens ( I was like 2). If Ranier did go up, it would be pretty harsh, but if it does, that might be bad since the Cascades have a bunch of volcanoes. Helens, Ranier, Shasta, Hood, Adams, and that is only near where I live lol.

Back