Bad Parenting

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
How about this one...
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/12/fataldog.mauling.ap/index.html

SAN FRANCISCO, California (AP) -- The mother of a 12-year-old boy killed in his own home by one of the family's two pit bulls says she had been so concerned about one of the dogs that she shut her son in the basement to protect him.

Maureen Faibish said she ordered Nicholas to stay in the basement while she did errands on June 3, the day he was attacked by one or both of the dogs.

She said she was worried about the male dog, Rex, who was acting possessive because the female, Ella, was in heat.

"I put him down there, with a shovel on the door," Faibish said in an interview with the San Francisco Chronicle. "And I told him: 'Stay down there until I come back.' Typical Nicky, he wouldn't listen to me."

Nicholas apparently found a way to open the basement door.

Despite her concerns about Rex that day, Faibish told the newspaper: "My kids got along great with (the dogs). We were never seeing any kind of violent tendencies."

Faibish found her son's body in a bedroom. He was covered in blood from several wounds, including a major head injury.

No charges have been filed.

"It's Nicky's time to go," she said in the interview. "When you're born you're destined to go and this was his time."

The Mother was so concerned about her dogs mauling her son, that she locked him in the basement rather than locking the dogs outside. He "escaped," the dog did kill him, and now it's, "Oh well, it's his time to go."

That doesnt beat the story last week about that Canadian guy that came over our border covered in blood with homemade weaponry.

Well, it's not like they just didn't care and let him through. They held him for several hours trying to figure out who he was and if there was some warrant they could arrest him for. They couldn't tell if it was actually blood on him, and he was an American citizen, so eventually they let him through after confiscating all the weapons. I think a lot of people are mocking that as some sort of terrible border security fiasco, but there were a lot of special circumstances there, as opposed to the pure stupidity on behalf of the mother above.

Well, I've often felt that most people shouldn't have kids. I see people being bad parents all the time. I'm sure I'm just looking for it though and that lots of people are good parents. But just last week at the hospital some women in the cafe smacked her kid square in the mouth right there in front of the cashier. I was working on the other side when it happened but the cashier called security on this women cause she was so upset at what she saw. Not sure what happened after that.

Being a teenager with good pearents (I think) I wouldn't know. But seeing programmes like "little angles" does make we wonder whether there should be more parenting classes for bad (or even prospective) parents.

ok...this not just an example of just bad parenting...this is just moronity at its basest level. I think she should probably be sterilized so that she can never breed again but only after she's spent a few years in prison across from MJ.

Shipgate, I think I disagree with your story about the mother slapping her child. What was the story? Was it mouthing off to her? I don't think striking a child is abuse. I mean hauling off and nailing them definitely is but a little slap on the mouth to jar them back to reality? Sometimes its needed. But I'm sick and tired of everywhere I go and public...these unruly kids start whining and crying and throwing tantrums and mouthing off to their parents and being a general nuisance while the parents are going, "Now, now, Johnny, you shouldn't do that. Johnny please put that down. Johnny stop pushing that lady." Parents need to learn a thing or two and put their foot down. When I was growing up I knew better than to misbehave in a grocery store because if I did I was going to get a good spanking when I got home.

I agree completely Maj. Striker. I'm sick and tired of seeing kids screaming and kicking while their parents either ignore them or speak to them just as you described. I'd love to see the look on the kid's face if one of those parents finally got the guts to smack them. If I got unruly either in public or at home when I was little, my mom smacked me, and I shut up right then and there. Excuse the comparison but at younger ages, kids are like dogs. They will keep testing how far they can get away with stuff until you show them who is in charge.

Maj.Striker said:
ok...this not just an example of just bad parenting...this is just moronity at its basest level. I think she should probably be sterilized so that she can never breed again but only after she's spent a few years in prison across from MJ.

While the idea of (en)forced sterlization to bad parents ha a certain appeal for me, no doubt that we'd get a lot of liberal protestors screaming about it. To say nothing that it'd be, no doubt, be forced upon people in certain (i.e. low) income bracket.

You ought to check out the case in Jersey: three kids dead in a car trunk. Gotta love DYFS. Florida's just a bad even after the Rylia Wilson debacle.
I'd swear that the chances of a child's death are increased as they are taken in state's child welfare services.

TigerNobleHeart said:
While the idea of (en)forced sterlization to bad parents ha a certain appeal for me, no doubt that we'd get a lot of liberal protestors screaming about it. To say nothing that it'd be, no doubt, be forced upon people in certain (i.e. low) income bracket.

You ought to check out the case in Jersey: three kids dead in a car trunk. Gotta love DYFS. Florida's just a bad even after the Rylia Wilson debacle.
I'd swear that the chances of a child's death are increased as they are taken in state's child welfare services.

Just to clarify...I was exaggerating in my previous post. I still think this is an example of moronity and I do think she should be spending some time in prison (I was truly hoping Jacko would also be in prison) but the sterilization comment was probably a bit much.

I did see where they are pressing charges against her...sound like she will be seeing some prison time.

Maj.Striker said:
(I was truly hoping Jacko would also be in prison)
It's truly heart-warming to hear such remarks from inhabitants of innocent-until-proven-guilty land.

...But I guess that old concept only applies to the less-than-rich-and-famous, huh? :rolleyes:

I think the prosecution established quite well that MJ was more than guilty...the jury was a farce. Saddam should try to get his trial moved to California...he can be back in Iraq after a quick trial. (See: OJ Simpson, Robert Blake, Michael Jackson...)

From a legal perspective they made a very poor case. "Everyone in the world knows he's crazy" isn't the same thing as proving that he's guilty on a very specific charge -- the defense did an excellent job of proving that the person making the accusations against Jackson wasn't trustworthy, and that was the basis of the prosecution's *entire* case... you don't take into account late night talkshow jokes in a court of law.

Testimonies by the former guard and cleaning lady stating that MJ performed said acts on the teenager were pretty clear...from a legal perspective. If you don't think he did it, that's your choice. Don't expect me to agree with it or to refrain from expressing my opinion.

Eh, I am inclined to think he did it (or at the very least he did it the first time around and that the current claim is an attempt to profit off of that) -- but in terms of how a court of law works, the defense did a great job of discrediting all these people.

Maj.Striker said:
I think the prosecution established quite well that MJ was more than guilty...the jury was a farce. Saddam should try to get his trial moved to California...he can be back in Iraq after a quick trial. (See: OJ Simpson, Robert Blake, Michael Jackson...)
Yeah, that's nice - but no matter who had been in that jury, you would have still called it a farce if they found him not guilty. So, what exactly do you consider justice to be? Is it justice when a court makes a decision based on what can and can't be proven, or is it only justice when a court makes the same decision that you made?

Now, I personally couldn't care less whether he's guilty or not - I just think that the concept of innocent-until-proven-guilty is more important than getting this one guy in jail. And I think people are usually far too eager to assume that someone famous is guilty.

Back