Awesome graphics....possible in WCP?

You might even be able to persuade Eder to help you convert fighters from 3ds format into WCP - capships would be something more of a problem, everyone hates capships ;).

Ok spent about 5h making the DVD upgrade work (ordering the codec mess i had to be specific) and 10min doing a specular map (making it grayscale and painting the cockpit white) for the piranha.
Damn didn't remember the textures were THAT tiny. Will the game fall for it if i double the resolution and paint stuff on it?
Looks strange in Deep Exploration so far, but so do the Standoff models i converted for reference. I also did a glow map, but i'll have to see how it works out with the engine flames.

Ok so NOW i have no idea how to convince Prophecy that the piranha now has a specular map

Attachments

• 00020423spec.bmp
    65.1 KB · Views: 72
  • Glow1.jpg
    Glow1.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 85
Ok so NOW i have no idea how to convince Prophecy that the piranha now has a specular map
Well, we'll make a new OpenGL renderer version for WCP when it's all fixed for Standoff... you could test the specmaps with the Standoff dll in the meantime, I guess. First I'll finish the next Standoff patch, and then in the next few days I'll upload a few tools you'll need and gather the info you need.

Damn didn't remember the textures were THAT tiny. Will the game fall for it if i double the resolution and paint stuff on it?
You should probably double-check with Eder, but I think it will fall for it - IIRC, the game doesn't actually know the resolution of the textures, it thinks of them as something with coordinates ranging from 0 to 1.

Woops uploaded the wrong version, here's the real one.

You should probably double-check with Eder, but I think it will fall for it - IIRC, the game doesn't actually know the resolution of the textures, it thinks of them as something with coordinates ranging from 0 to 1.

Yeah if i look at the Standoff textures, the game seems to be pretty tolerant about that. Thank goodness!

Attachments

• 00020423spec.bmp
    65.1 KB · Views: 66
Ok hate to doublepost but how do i setup wcpedit's shipswitcher properly for standoff so that i can test the textures? i have extracted all the tres, but standoff doesn't want to use the extracted folders...

I don't think UE or Standoff will read anything in the ships folder of Secret Ops.

You could try rebuilding the tre with treman. You would first need to extract all of the files for I think stan__e5.tre. After that just rename the fighter you want to test to the name for one of the standoff fighter. (eg. piranha.iff -> epee.iff) Then replace epee.iff with the new file and add in the mesh and mat files into their respective folders. After this, use treman to build a new tre file with the same structure and name as stan__e5.tre and paste into the secret ops folder.

NOTE: make a backup of stan__e5.tre first, also you will need to extract and compile the tre files in a separate folder otherwise the secret ops files will get mixed in when you build the new tre file.

No need to rebuild the TRE; just edit stan_1.cfg and put ";" before the first line. This will enable the game to read from folders. Just remove the ";" to restore Standoff to it's clean state.
Code:
;install no_folders 0

all stan_cfg.tre 3
ogl stan_og1.tre 4

640 stan_640.tre 3
800 stan_800.tre 3
853 stan_640.tre 3
853 stan_853.tre 4
1024 stan1024.tre 3

all stan__e1.tre 3
all stan__e2.tre 3
all stan__e3.tre 3