Avp

Shipgate

Rear Admiral
I was just watching the trailer for this on the internet. You know what might make this movie good? Is if it didn't have any humans in it at all. I'm so tired of movies where you got the all-star action team. You know, the main tough leader, the level-headed conservative guy, the nerdy computer guy, the really hot chick, and maybe the utterly insane guy.

Since it seems like the Predator aliens are more sophisticated with technology and language, the whole movie should just be about them and the Alien aliens. And the whole movie is them talking and hunting Alien aliens and you have to read sub-titles throughout the whole movie cause you know they're all like, "click click dirk.." But they're really saying like, "What time a what time is the bus ride."

I know crossover movies are lame to begin with. And that's just my opinion I guess. But it seems they'll always do well with how nostalgic people are about those films.

I wonder what crossover movie will be next.

Not having humans doesn't make any sense. There needs to be a narative thread - otherwise we'll just hear hissing and clicking dialouge through out the entire movie.

In any case, this movie will suck rotten eggs. Its by the same director of Mortal Kombat, Event Horizon and Resident Evil.

Ugh.

I thought the original Mortal Kombat was good, so was Resident Evil. I havn't seen any previews for this but I will still probably see it.

I was reading somewhere that Bruce Campbell was in talks with producers about an evil dead crossover....Ash vs Freddy / Ash vs Jason / Ash vs Freddy vs Jason... LOL

hail to the king!

Bruce has mentioned his amusement with the idea - but that so far, it sounds like fanboy masturbation.

LeHah said:
Bruce has mentioned his amusement with the idea - but that so far, it sounds like fanboy masturbation.

I don't know how many fanboys masturbate to Freddy vs Jason??? But that's beside the point. I thought the Resident Evil movie was just fan-freaking-tastic but maybe that's because I never really played the games. I also thought Event Horizon was a fantastic thriller movie not as good as pitch black but dark and full of suspense. Mortal Kombat blew chunks though... So I guess I'm saying AvP has a 50/50 chance of being pretty decent.

Resident Evil was an ok movie...if you dont compare it to the games. Its a decent film to watch late at night, not in the movies, since i wouldnt pay to see it again in the bigscreen! (already made the mistake to pay to see it the first time)

Compared to the games, the story is very weak. Resident Evil 1 had a much better story itself, without that story of AI and the idea of matrix style monster kicking, no one ever throw a punch???

I was hoping for something more like in blade 2, where blade and another vampires battle a load of mutated vampires in the sewers...what would be much more fiel to the games.

Striker got home already? If so i can send you the files we discussed ;)

LeHah said:
Not having humans doesn't make any sense. There needs to be a narative thread - otherwise we'll just hear hissing and clicking dialouge through out the entire movie.

In any case, this movie will suck rotten eggs. Its by the same director of Mortal Kombat, Event Horizon and Resident Evil.

Ugh.

You weren't listening guy. You'd be reading sub-titles. And I'm sure the camera isn't just on one Predator looking at the camera going, "Hiss, click, hissle, click click dirk...end credits" The movie would be just as intelligent as if it didn't have those idiot humans in it.

Resident Evil was indeed terrible. But I liked Event Horizon.

There's one big reason that humans are involved, and it isn't even plot-related: they're an incentive for the moviegoing public to plunk down their bits of colored paper for tickets. Xenos and Predators may be cool, but the audience needs something that they can emotionally grab on to, and fellow humans are it. There's almost nothing to either of the alien types that the public would be able to relate to on a personal level, given how their behaviors are... well, alien to humans who generally make up the paying public.

I don't think when I'm talking about something like this movie that you should take me too seriously. Obviously there's gonna be humans in it. But I bet I can still emotionally grab on to those cute little Alien aliens. Little fellers.

Shipgate said:
But I bet I can still emotionally grab on to those cute little Alien aliens. Little fellers.
I can bet you that you won't think they are so "cute" once one of them is popping out of your chest!

I guess what I don't understand is why it's human scientists; Colonial Marines make any movie 400% more badass.

My (admittedly uneducated) guess is that they wanted to draw crowds other than the Aliens series fans, perhaps with a secondary goal of increasing interest in the two movie series from which the non-humans are drawn (directly, in rental fees, indirectly, possible new movies in those two series... though given the last 2 Aliens movies I hope that's not going to happen :p ).

But I can identify myself with an Alien... ^^

Shipgate said:
...The movie would be just as intelligent as if it didn't have those idiot humans in it.
Why not some idiotic human fellows? Stupid tastes good, or not. They are also the predestined prey! ;)

Death said:
...There's almost nothing to either of the alien types that the public would be able to relate to on a personal level, given how their behaviors are... well, alien to humans who generally make up the paying public.
They look very human shaped.
Ok, that's not an arguement. But I like the way how they can live their nihilistic hedonism. ;)

Hm... another senseless (Aliens and Predator fit together but...) crossover "idea":
Kilrathi vs Predator - only the real beast survives. Guess which one. :D

Bandit LOAF said:
I guess what I don't understand is why it's human scientists; Colonial Marines make any movie 400% more badass.

The Marines were out saving juicy colonist girls from their virginity.

Back