Avenger

GreyViper

Rear Admiral
I just wondered if theres a chance of it apearing in Pioneer? Reason I ask is I thought I read that its was pretty old ship by WCIV standards, so it might have been around in time Pioneer. Thing is im not sure as in what form gunship or transport? As I understand WC4 Avenger was heavyily modified, so the early version might be bit different?

The Avenger was around in 2654 at least as a sort of shuttle.

wcatv-avenger.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at the Dralthis beside that ship this version of the Avenger...if its the related to the WC4 Avenger...is hugh.

Those are just the Dralthi toys. At some point between now and 2654, someone took the prototypes and mass produced them.

wcmovievehicles.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Will they be avaible goods in Pioneer?
Sorry but that was got through my mind as I read you post chris....suggesting that the Dralthis that we see are just toys.

figuring the size of that avenger, i remember it opening one of it's doors later and that maniac and blair get kicked out by the pirates, don't have the cartoon on this pc, but from my mind, if those were dralthi they should be the size of the character's head.

Hey, thats not a bad idea. Maybe "Blair" action figures too. :p As for the Avenger, probably not - at least not at first. We've pretty much locked down the ship list for the initial release of the game - all the artwork for them is complete. We've moved onto other things, so we're not making any new ships in the forseeable future.
Good suggestion, though.

Does the ship list include any never-before-seen-by-fans ships other than the player-flown ones? I know the Wildcat and Corsair are planned as militia fighters, but is there anything else, such as pirate fighters/gunships or any Kilrathi or other alien ships not seen in WC1/SM1/SM2?

ChrisReid said:
Those are just the Dralthi toys. At some point between now and 2654, someone took the prototypes and mass produced them.

Hehe, that might even be close to right -- the movie KF-100 Dralthi are *so* much shorter than the Wing Commander IV ships. You should be able to line four or so up next to an Avenger...

You might be right be about that Delance.
As for the Avenger, probably not - at least not at first. We've pretty much locked down the ship list for the initial release of the game - all the artwork for them is complete. We've moved onto other things, so we're not making any new ships in the forseeable future.
Good suggestion, though.
Hmm well what I thought was really if it might apear as a ship that NPCs might fly. Its really not that important, just thought it might add a bit flawor and provoke nice surprise from fans when they see it flying on its own buisness. :D

Back