Audio Installation for Wing Commander III & IV

Zero2

Spaceman
I have recently bought both 'Wing Commander III & IV' for the PC as I never did complete these two titles on Playstation 1 ages and ages ago and they were games I have always wanted once again.

I knew I was going to have problems with the installation of the audio as I have similar problems with 'Destruction Derby 2' running in high res, the main reason. . . DOS. Older games running on newer machines.

My mate and I are currently looking into it but I wanted to reach out also. I have all requirements for these titles to run but I'm a perfectionist and want them working to the best my PC can do it.

The music being played seems to work but the actual sound effects and speech stutter and sound like someone talking into a microphone while someone messes with the fader, this is causing jerks in the video and broken audio playback. I have attempted to make a DOS bootdisk as explained in the WC4 booklet but I'm a novice on the deeper side of PC's and cannot sort it out. I have tried running the 'compatibility wizard' and messing constantly with the audio setups within both games.

I have the following to my knowledge, if you think you can help me out to get these games working properly, 100% properly! But there is something I haven't put down please guide me to where I can find various information.

Windows XP Proffessional Ver. 2002 Service Pack 1
AMD Duron Processor 800mhz
320mb RAM
Nvidia GeForce 2mx 100/200 32mb
Direct X 9.0a
USB Optical Mouse
Creative CD ROM 52x
Memorex DVD-MAXX 1648 AJ
VIA AC'97 Audio Controller (WDM) (Onboard Sound & Modem)
Elitegroup Motherboard

I'm not sure what else I need to state, but could someone out there help me make the most out of these purchases and give me step by step instructions to solve this audio disaster.

Many Thanks & Very much appreciated

Zero2
:(

Did what you wrote but appear this:

LOADING WINNG COMMANDER 3........
OPEN FAILED ON FILE: .\GLOBALS.IFF

Back