Audigy LS issues with dos-box

U

Unregistered

I have tried all everything I can. WC2 keeps crashing, at mission 2. Load fix doesnt help. I think this has to do with my sound card, it has a rather odd chip on it.
This card has given me nothing , but problems since day 1.
After about 50 patches from microsoft the card finally plays without skipping under normal native apps.

Im pretty sure my issue is this sound card.

If you have this sound card and got it working under dos-box please let me know what you did.

Why are you using microsoft drivers? Get the latest ones from creative and see how those work out: Apply this update to the original driver installation off the cd that came with the card.

Should that not help, try this driver instead:

If generic microsoft drivers work out ok for you and the creative ones don't then I suppose there's no reason not to use them.

I am using creative drivers and I have installed the patch.
Never helped my case at all. The skipping of sound in native apps didnt go away until recently and that was after several updates to XP.

The card works now in all most all native apps, this card does not work well with any emulators on my system. Perhaps because of its short shelf life. It does not use the standard creative chipsets.

I guess I can downgrade I have a completely new never used sound blaster 16 still in the box. ~~~

Can you elaborate more on your other system specs? IT sounds more like some kind of memmory issue, or bottleneck somewhere. Is it just with dosbox that the sound is choppy? And this doesn't go away if you adjust the cycles up or down?

The problem only occurs when I use emulators.
For some reason its just this sound card.

my specs

a7n8x-e deluxe mobo
Athlon xp 3000+
1 gig ram
36 gig raptor drive sata
500 gig external drive
6800gt 256mb
audigy ls 24-bit sound card
sony dvdr drive

I have 2 other sound cards that give me no problems.
On board sound works no problems as well.

This card sounds great when it works.
But I guess I'm going to have to take it out.

All wing commander games seem to hate on this card.

Is that an nforce MoBo? I wouldnt bother with the card's if that's the case.

yep nforce2.

Removed the card, put in a sound blaster 16 and all is well now.

Back