Assault shuttle upgrade

I think that is a question that is better directed at the people who are working with the code. The SCP guys should know about it.

Yeah, better you ask / search there. AFAIK there are plans to do it, but they haven't enveloped very far yet (though it would be a first step towards a cloaking system :) )

Hadn't even thought of that implication, that's pretty clever... I'd hate to see that implemented almost as much as I'd love it... using env mapping for cloaking would make the buggers amazingly hard to spot. I imagine you'll have to work pretty hard at keeping gameplay balanced should that happen.

About the Env maps...as far as I informed its at the moment D3D only and it dosn't seam that their are plans on porting it to OpenGL...but that wouldn't be the first time some SCP guy gets bored and then comes up out of nowhere with a solution.
(Personaly I think they should be bored more often ^_^ )

meisdavidp said:
Hadn't even thought of that implication, that's pretty clever... I'd hate to see that implemented almost as much as I'd love it... using env mapping for cloaking would make the buggers amazingly hard to spot. I imagine you'll have to work pretty hard at keeping gameplay balanced should that happen.
You couldn't see cloaked ships in WC3(unless they're damaged) so I only see the need for them to not be able to fire cloaked.

Kinda curious any chance of seeing those armada transports both confed and kilrathi versions modded into this game. I almost never see them and they are kinda cool to look at and they fit the wing commander 3 timeframe. Just looking for more targets.:)

@cic staff
Also was curious for a few years why no pic of them in the cic ships database.

The ships database has been on hold for a couple years while we try to figure out what direction we go with for our new information system. Most of our efforts go to daily site maintenance, so large scale projects have been in the background mostly.

Interessent, what kind of transport are those ? I never got my hand on armada, are some reference pictures available ?

They seem to be bulk transports (for ore or other raw materials). It's not something you see very often in Armada as the AI tends not to build them.

Here's an image of each armada transport...
(both are missing one texture or so - but I think you can catch the desgin)

Attachments

• armarda_confed_transport.jpg
    armarda_confed_transport.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 171
  • armarda_kilrathi_transport.jpg
    armarda_kilrathi_transport.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 170
Yes, the Armada transports were completely unarmed. If you skipped past defending fighters in the area and went straight for the 'sport, you could kill it pretty easily, as I recall (possibly incorrectly).

Back