As privateer is a constant problem...

rogue_nova

Spaceman
why doesn't one of you genii out there (i am not one, btw), who knows how to get/modify the system components on different platforms make a PROGRAM that could create a bootdisk for you!? i do have a privateer site (one of few left alive) that does try to help w/ the problem of getting it to run. on my site, i suggest copying the .tre files to the hard drive and modifying the .cfg, but my method has hit up against a brick wall in windows 2000.

Because such a program is near impossible with all the different configurations out there. eg My Compaq somehow runs sound in DOS without any drivers necessary. Although, internal volume control is non-existent.

You're not the first person to suggest such an idea, though. If it were practical, I'm sure it would have been done by now.

i mean, though, even something as basic as what i was describing in my other post, a prog. that would copy the .tre file from the cd and modify the .cfg appropriately. that isn't system spec, and i imagine it would be easy to do.

Um, pardon me, but I think if people find it too hard to copy something from their CD to their HD, then they would probably find it too hard to run the program. :) Besides, that procedure doesn't do so much - there's still sound drivers and other bits and pieces people need to figure out. That's why problems are generally solved on a case by case basis.

Really, how hard is it to type:
COPY D:\PRIV.TRE C:\PRIVATER\
COPY D:\RF.TRE C:\PRIVATER\
EDIT PRIV.CFG
EDIT RF.CFG
:)

well, you wouldn't believe some of the dumbasses that email me from my privateer page asking how to edit the crap.

Back