Arrow class Reloaded

What, it's down again? F*ck.

Please don't be angry onto fileplanet for messing up, because only 99,99% of the people are able to maintain their servers properly. Have mercy with the 0,01% of those who are too stupid to breathe let alone to maintain a server. :rolleyes:

Tolwyn said:
and you have a virus Bugbear on your pc. Ya be warned :)

Does this refer to your previous mail, or is this supposed to be a new warning ?
(Since yesterday 4.00 pm I have a new system) Can you give me the exact
name of this sucker, so I can download a removal tool ?

Starman© said:
Does this refer to your previous mail, or is this supposed to be a new warning ?
(Since yesterday 4.00 pm I have a new system) Can you give me the exact
name of this sucker, so I can download a removal tool ?

Try this link for the newer version of Bugbear, or this one for the older version.

Another option is to download the Stinger software from McAfee, which is less a 'removal tool' and more a 'free virus scanner with limited definition file'.

My systems seems to be clean :confused: . Again, are you referring to your mail from friday ? I'm now working on an entirly new system

Hey Starman, your system was once again breached :( You have at least three viruses on your system. My guess is that you are using Outlook Express for sending/reading emails. Here is the data I have:

Virus: "W32/Bagle-AZ"
Datei: "Price.com"
Virus: "W32/Bagle-AZ"
Virus: "W32/Bagle-Gen"

You know those outlook viruses pick a random contact person for their From field, right? It could be anyone with both you and Starman in their address book. The originating IP should tell you who the real sender is.

Yeah, that is the point. I cannot really imagine that my new XP-System has been
infected within 2 days after purchase with such a bunch of viruses. I still have no
full-scale virus-scanner, because it was not necessary on W98.

At least I have tried all the scanners "haesslich" provided, and all were negative.

Just another point, AFAIK those viruses are only duplicating themselves using
emails. And I have never received nor opend one of this "Re: your document"
emails (or something like that, you know what I mean)with a zip or anything else
attachment. I receive only very few emails, and I delete everything which sender I
don't know before even downloading them on my system. Only Emails I get are
from the WC-Saga team members (only very few) and the hlp-forum.

I mean, honestly, those mails are so much obvious that only newbies fall for it.
(Why should someone open any re:-emails if you hadn't send anything or check
out files someone unknown did send you).

Of course I cannot exclude it that I have no virus (thanks to XP, Mr. Gates), but I
really doubt it. Also one thing I know for sure with this viruses (Caught some in my
company, had to fight them manually) that they use always fake-sender-
adresses.

Which email-adress is the sender of the virus-mail ? My private one (known only
to very few people)?

Problem is, that I'm new to XP ! Outlook-Express was never used and need to
create an internet-account first, but that is certainly not a problem for a virus.

Is there a way to block XP sending unwanted emails ? I have SP2 and all
security-updates installed.

Maybe everyone of you guys who have my mail-adress saved should run a test
too. I download newest cleaning for the viruses you mentioned, maybe they find
something this time.

O.K., now I performed another full-scale scan using trend-micro.
I'm using this software also on all servers and PC's at work, and it is IMO superior
to any norton or mcaffee (simply because the new viruses like bugbear and netsky
are able to block scan-services from common programmes, I have seen this live !).

The trend-micro-scan was also negative. I'm pretty sure now, that it is not
me ! I suggest that Lynx, Lars, Psych, haderak and trashman (if you can contact
the last two mentioned) are doing scans too. This are the most common email-contacts I had in the past.

Is their a free version of your scanner Starman?
I will check for Viruses as soon as I got it...only got Norton since I got it for free.

Tried a search...could you provide the name of the software...unter this name I find only a companie, but they have so much different progs..would help to know the exact name.

@Lars : Sorry, but due to my post-count here I think I cannot answer your PM directly.

The programm is a full cleaning-util, which deletes or repair files just as you order it. It is really good. As I said, I had both the very first netsky and bugbear virus in my companies network, and both had disabled mcaffee and Inoculan, but trend micro works always.

Now I bought it in full version at work, with network-solution, and it is really a good solution (and I don't have to buy a new license every year).

Yeah, it could take a while, escpecially if you have big files like archives or in
your case videos. But it is currently the best available.

Maybe there is an option to skip a few files or folders, or scan only your system
drive, normally virus don't copy to other drives then the system-drive.

Back