Armada bootdisk

kraig

Spaceman
I cant seem to make a working bootdisk for WC Armada running on Win XP. Can anyone help me out with this?

You could try making a "recovery disk" from a computer with Win95 or Win98, and then use that disk to boot in DOS and play Armada.

Well, first you gotta find a computer with Win95 or 98 installed. Put a disk in drive a:, click on "start", "settings", "control panel", "add / remove software", "make recovery disk".

After the disk is done, start your computer with the disk in, it will boot in DOS. You´ll probably have to make an autoexec.bat and config.sys to make your sound board, mouse, etc. work. Do you know how to do that?

sort off, the problem is that XP doesnt use config.sys or autoexec.bat. it uses some kind of *.nt file

Right, but when you are booting with the Win98 recovery disk, your OS is not XP anymore but DOS 7.0, so you will be able to create a config.sys and an autoexec.bat for the boot disk.

Does anyone have a copy of the old Armada installation guide handy? I lost mine three or four months after buying the Collector's CD-ROM Edition and wanted directions on how to edit the atuoexec and config files.

Back