Arena Cover Art

J "Phantom" D

2nd Lieutenant
Hi Again Everyone,

I come again looking for help from the community.

I was looking at my collection and thinking that something was missing.... Turns out I was looking at it and noticeably missing WC: Arena! Now, I know it was an arcade game, and thus never obtained a physical release (unless it has, in which case, please tell me where to scoop it up!), but that shouldn't stand in the way of me at least having a representation of it in my physical collection!

However, I ran into a problem when I was looking for appropriate resources to create a DVD case. Namely, I can not seem to find a big enough/high-res enough copy of the cover image (that you can see on the dashboard) for the front! I actually really love that artwork and want to have it there rather than trying to cobble something together. Does anyone have a version that would be suitable for this project?

I have attached the image I am looking for below

Attachments

• Wingcommanderarenacover.jpg
    Wingcommanderarenacover.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 141
I have not seen that art in a higher resolution. IIRC, this piece is the one created to be used as the 'box art' for Arena: https://cdn.wcnews.com/newestshots/full/wc_arena_underattack_full.jpg

And here's a high res logo you can mate with it: https://cdn.wcnews.com/newestshots/full/arenalogo-high.jpg

Put those together in one of those Xbox box art templates and you should be good!

The closest you can come to owning Arena is to get a copy of the Official Xbox Magazine's cover disc that includes the demo version of the game (because of the way Xbox Live Arcade games work, it's the same as the full one... someone who doesn't own the game would have to pay the 800 points to unlock it.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bandit,

Thank you for the response! It's too bad that there doesn't seem to be a high-res version of the box art.

That being said, thank you for the resources! However, I have another request of the boards. If anyone has good graphic editing software, could someone combine these two things together? I have tried using my limited resources, and I can't get anything that looks remotely good (either the logo is too small, or it covers the scenary and is blindingly obvious that it doesn't belong in there)

So, if there is someone out there that has the ability to edit these two pictures together in a good looking way, I would greatly appreciate it.

Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Thank you so much Capi3101!!!

That was exactly what I needed!

Now I can go to work on this thing and create a box art for it. I will, of course, share my results with the community when it's done!

If it turns out you need something higher res, let me know; I had to scale down the image so I could post it.

I'll also use this opportunity to plug GIMP - It's freeware and it's almost as good as Photoshop. Putting that together took me all of five minutes, and that was mostly waiting for my VM to fire up.

If it turns out you need something higher res, let me know; I had to scale down the image so I could post it.

I'll also use this opportunity to plug GIMP - It's freeware and it's almost as good as Photoshop. Putting that together took me all of five minutes, and that was mostly waiting for my VM to fire up.

Actually the higher-res the better. I'll PM you my contact info and you can send it there.

I'll check out GIMP

Back