Anyway to make WC3 Kilrathi Saga videos...

U

Unregistered

Is there anyway to make wing commander 3 Kilrathi Saga version videos updated nice and crisp like the wing commander Prophecy one's I downloaded on this site? Even if its a big process Id still do it hehe. BTW I will register soon.

Sorry, not at this time - but we're working on it! The problem is that we have to find higher quality video to add in... and they never developed a DVD version of Wing Commander III. Hopefully we'll be able to find some video masters and then encode them as mpegs at some point.

I think Wing Commander 3 was shot on tape, rather than 35mm, so making a DVD-quality version of the game would be impossible.

In any event, there was never a Wing Commander 3 DVD version, so there aren't high-quality videos. Sorry. It sure would be nice, though.

We *are* currently working on getting the PSX and 3DO video from WC3 playable on a PC outside of their respective consoles and formats. So I imagine at some point it might be possible to integrate that into the PC version.

HOWEVER even though the video is better quality it isn't *that much* better. They used better technology to recompress the video so there might be better color and there's less artifacting but the resolution won't be much improved or anything. The end result will be a little cleaner and perhaps smoother but not a vastly huge improvement like you would see if we had a master tape or DVD version to work with.

Back