Anyone know a way how to play WC1234.. on xp ?

Andara

Spaceman
Hi,

I always got the newest part of the WC-Saga when they appeared. I loved them especially the story-parts. Does anyone have an idea if there is a way
to play them again, but now on a much more advanced machine with win xp ?

I remember trying to play wc 1 2 on an old 486 years ago which was so horribly fast that i was shot down just an instant after sensoring the enemy.

Well i would like to at least play WC 3, 4, 5 and Priv I, II again coz i loved their stories,
but when i tried to install i always had trouble with sound and graphics. And sadly i don't have an old machine anymore *sniff* ;)

Would be cool if there would be any idea to help me...

Best,
Andara

Sorry didn't know where else to put it. If a moderator /admin could move it to the place it belongs and tell me about it, that would be very nice.

On the other hand i thought that maybe there is a fan-project which allows playing these in an xp-environment *shrug* was just a try to find some help. plz don't shout at me.

Thanks
Andara

Well you could score a copy of Kilrathi Saga for that. Always can check eBay if you want one...

Although if you just wanted to play the games you already own, there's a variety of ways. I don't suppose it would be too hard to build a new computer that meets the old specs the early WC games like best. Just ask your friends or other folks if they have old 386s lying around.

Andara said:
On the other hand i thought that maybe there is a fan-project which allows playing these in an xp-environment *shrug* was just a try to find some help. plz don't shout at me.

Thanks
Andara

There is a Tech Support forum. Have tried searching there? There are plenty XP related subjects there. One of them might be the one you are looking for.

Welcome to the community by the way :)

Thx for your help :) i ll check out the tech forum and i ll think about getting kilrathi saga ... and sorry again for my wrongly putting this thread into this forum ...

Thanks
Andara

Back