anyone have the .com file to make sblive work in DOS?

Dan

Spaceman
hi, i am trying to get privateer to run with sound, i have tried my motherboards built in audio which supports DOS including sound blaster emulation, BUT even when i load the driver for it and use the set blaster command the volume is SO low that even when i turn my 100W 5.1 surround speakers to max i can just barely hear it if i put my ear to one of the speakers, so that brings me back to what i had originally tried, which is getting my sblive to work, but i don't have the .com file that initializes it because i run WinMe. anyone have it? I have a normal non-5.1 sblive.
If you can help with either getting the onboard sound working better or have the file for the sblive, PLZ let me know :) i would really appreciate it.
BTW my mobo is an Epox 8K7A which uses the AMD 760 and the via 686b for southbridge, the via chip is the one that has the audio and i am using via's drivers for DOS to attempt to make the sound work, i am thinking i would have to take out the sblive to get it to work right tho, since the AC97 setting is either auto or off, and on auto i am thinking it is not really enabling the sound properly because it sees the sblive, not sure tho because privateer doesn't bail out saying there is something wrong with the sound setup, and the gameport on the mobo works fine too after i use the whole set-blaster thing... the sound is just incredably quiet... also, i think it is distorted too, can't tell cuz its so quiet, but it sounds like there is a constant "click click click click" going on while the sound is going.... so if anyone can help it would be great! thanks :)

Back