Any updates on Prophecy MP Patch?

PopsiclePete said:
At the begining of each round your ship is respawned brand new and healthy, including all the ammo, missiles and decoys you usually have at mission start.
What I mean is will you be able to change loadout and ship between rounds or just at beginning?

You can choose your ship before you start playing only, not between rounds. As for loadouts I don't understand what you mean; you have never been allowed to choose your weapon loadout in WCP, so you're not able to in the MP patch either.

PopsiclePete said:
You can choose your ship before you start playing only, not between rounds. As for loadouts I don't understand what you mean; you have never been allowed to choose your weapon loadout in WCP, so you're not able to in the MP patch either.
:eek:

PopsiclePete said:

Im guessing for the moment the MP will read the ships loadout locally so im guessing you'll have checks in place so people cannot modify loadouts. Would it be possible for clients to read the loadout settings from the server? This could make the game interesting because the server could modify settings using WCPedit to make the game more interesting. (Obviously not first release if it isnt already)

Another question is, as this is the simulator screen, only ships in the simulator menu and alswantsmoreships menu are available. Would it be possible to add to that menu so we can have the excalibur, thunderbolt and ones we can add at a later time as well as the ships that are already there?

Ok... To begin with, right now, it's not possible to add more ships, to the simulator, but swapping them out has been happening for a while, in theory (I'd have to check with HCl) - If you switch ships, or modify them in any way, as long as whoever is playing the server and the clients all have the same patch/mod applied - it *should* work - There has been no testing of this yet - The first step is to get out a working version with the original game and then we'll see from there.

CptnEisen said:
Ok... To begin with, right now, it's not possible to add more ships, to the simulator, but swapping them out has been happening for a while, in theory (I'd have to check with HCl) - If you switch ships, or modify them in any way, as long as whoever is playing the server and the clients all have the same patch/mod applied - it *should* work - There has been no testing of this yet - The first step is to get out a working version with the original game and then we'll see from there.

Thought that might be the case. But something to look at for future releases.

Black-Wulf said:
you can just use voice for chatting with your partners can't you?
There are lots of nice, free third-party software that allows voice-chat gamers to interact; so I don't see why there would be any point for HCl in investing his free time implementing such a thing in his WCP-MP patch.

If you are interested in gaming voice chat software, I'll suggest you look at Team Speak, my favorite. I have a server set up on my PC and it works like a charm.

Voice comms will def be essential when playing team games...it's going to be interesting implementing attacks with other people instead of AIs...I can't wait till the first time I hear "Scratch one flattop!"

Whats the word on the street Popsicle Pete? This one seems to have been swept under the carpet, any more snippets of how wcpmp is progressing?

I have a good feeling that say sometime next week there may be some news about this...August is always great for WC news....less than a week away!

I know im a lot outta the loop but couldnt we all just get that armada mp patch and pretend thats the next best thing? =D

We should do some kind of tournament for Armada to get more interest going...I would play but I'm stuck on dial up for the time being.

An armada tournament would be ace.

Just one question, does armada slow down for everyone else when fighting another human on a different computer? I played against a friend on lan but the game ran slower, not sure if its just a bad spec or normal.

Not sure. I've only played Armada once or twice with a wingnut who no longer comes around...I didn't notice anything really but we were playing dialed into each other and it was like 10 years ago at least

Lag has the potential to slow down any multiplayer game, however Armada has a fairly low tolerance for that. If it were very much, the game would be more likely to pause and/or have a sync error.

ChrisReid said:
Yeah, more people need to play Armada online.

I'd rather like to... but I have the DOS version of Armada and never really could get it to run on my Win98. And DOSBox requires WinXP, right? :(

Oh, and of course - great work with that MP-patch, HCl ! :)
I have no problem waiting for it if it takes longer - be it because of program problems, because of RL or because of something else - but I just hope it doesn't get cancelled before release...

MavS said:
I'd rather like to... but I have the DOS version of Armada and never really could get it to run on my Win98. And DOSBox requires WinXP, right? :(

Only the DOS version of Armada was released. DOSBox works fine in Windows 98.

Back