Any real pilots here?

Heh. Sometimes I wonder what I'm going to do once I get my license (getting type rated in a C172R). I've got an interest to do some aerobatics training (face it - if I can't barrel roll in a fighter, the least I can do is do it on the A152 we have!). Which would get me a 152 type rating as well...

Then I'm going to have the interesting condition of having to fly both the 172R and 152 regularly to keep up my ratings (I've already flown the A152 in a rare case of one 172R down, and the other wouldn't start, and found it quite interesting).

Still, I have nowhere to fly to - maybe to the practice areas, but that's about it. OTOH, it might make for a nice way to pop down to the US once in a while. Beats the endless lineups to checkin, security, board, etc.

As for the medicals - it's nice to know it works that way too (I know the cat 1 medical (simplified - all commercial pilots get category 1, valid 1 year (under 40))), which turns into a cat 3 at the end of the year. I did consider the recreational permit mostly because I was afraid I wouldn't qualify for a cat 3 medical (cat 4 is recreational). Although considering the extra effort for a private license vs. the limitations of a recreational permit, the only reason to get a rec permit is if you're underage...

Actually, my father is a Pilot for U.S. Airways. Hes been there for about the last 5 years now. Before, he served in the USMC in the motor transport division for 20 years. Ive gone up with him more than a couple times and I'm hoping to get my Private Pilots within the next few years after I get out of school. Flying is awesome man!

Back