any other games close to privateer1?

Re: You've tried the rest now try the best!......

Originally posted by Darkmage
Everyday Vegastrike get's more work done on it... every day it comes closer to being finished..... SOON WC: UNIVERSE a fanmade "Privateer 3" will be finished

In 2032! Feel the exhilarating play of the next OFFICIAL WC game while you wait! Or are you tired of virtual reality? Then try ACTUAL reality! By the time this one's done, Kilrathi will REALLY be invading Earth! Sign up for your flight assignments in 2025 to recieve FREE email updates on how you're losing the war, but this fanmade project is still in the works!

Originally posted by Dynaco
Hormel would be proud of that post

Never mind Spam; I'm still trying to figure out how a guy w/ only 22 posts gets his own graphic & rank title here on the CZ....

Dude, what's your secret?...:confused:

Loaf?...

Well, I'm sure there's a bit more behind it than this, but Dynaco has been with the CIC for quite a while. He's also an operator in #WingNut. Those who've been around that long are known for getting their own ranks.

I resent that. The universe Map is already FINISHED! I have now got the entire map as well as the 3d coordinates for every PLANET and star in the Entire WC Universe. Next time think twice before opening your mouth.

I think perhaps you should think twice because you said EVERY STAR IN THE WC UNIVERSE. You forgot to say every KNOWN star unless you somehow mapped out the entire milky way and beyond which I think is beyond your feeble mind. Since there are no actual 3D coordinates ever mentioned you mean you put them in your happy 3D engine with its own little happy world coordinates. Engage brain before putting tongue in motion....something I often forget to do but DAMNIT, I can get away with it. :cool:

I've got X-Beyond the Frontier, and what I can tell about it is that i'ts BORING ! You cruise from sector to sector not knowing just what the hell to do. Stupid game. About Elite, it's cool, but the phisics... . By the way, I still play Frontier in my AMD 850 . If you ask me, there's no game that can be compared to Privateer. The story, the gameplay... I stilll remember one review that said "Privateer it's a fantastic game, but you need a powerfull 386 to play it..." LOL! Those were the days!

Originally posted by TyeDyeBoy
Eh, imerperials are all well and good. For the littler stuff, I personally always preferred the Viper 2, the police craft. Faster than hell and with room for a little cargo to boot.

Yeah, that was a damn fine ship too... actually, it was too good and too expensive to be used as a police craft, IMHO...

One thing I really liked in Frontier was how each ship was different from the others... even if I could never adapt to those tiny fighters with no cargo room or those huge ships which required 15 crew members, they were still there for me to try out :cool:

--Eder

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
The game that was *most* like Privateer, in my opinion, was actually a submarine game called Archmedian Dynasty. The subs had the same fake-physics as WC, and the whole game had the same 'feel' of Privateer... except underwater.

And the best thing is the sequel whose name I can't remember! [Aquazone, by Fishtank Games]

Stay tuned for a more detailed analysis on its impact on the gaming community :D

Originally posted by Shooter
I've got X-Beyond the Frontier, and what I can tell about it is that i'ts BORING ! You cruise from sector to sector not knowing just what the hell to do. Stupid game. About Elite, it's cool, but the phisics... . By the way, I still play Frontier in my AMD 850 . If you ask me, there's no game that can be compared to Privateer. The story, the gameplay... I stilll remember one review that said "Privateer it's a fantastic game, but you need a powerfull 386 to play it..." LOL! Those were the days!

What some people called "Boring" others called open-endedness...and one of those people is NOT me.

As for a merc game, try Mech2: Mercs for something different :D

Originally posted by Bob McDob

And the best thing is the sequel whose name I can't remember! [Aquazone, by Fishtank Games]

Stay tuned for a more detailed analysis on its impact on the gaming community :D

Hey--AD had a SEQUEL?... Cool!:cool:

Now tell me, where can I read up/see/get info on this (Aquazone, that is)???...

The ultimate "like Privateer game" was Space Rogue. I say that because it was an Origin product, it came out before any of the Wing Commander games, and it had a lot of the same concepts. It had repair droids, etc. Chris Roberts worked on it (he was not the designer), and it's fairly obvious that a lot of the concepts he used later in Privateer came from Space Rogue.

Space Rogue was a lot of fun, and had some things in it that I always wished Privateer did. Privateer is still my favorite of the two games, it's my favoriet game period, but Space Rogue was neat.

Back