Antibiotics

Shipgate

Rear Admiral
I'll admit it. I've been on antibiotics a few times and didn't finish the prescription. And all I remember from the doctor and pharmacist is them telling me to finish taking them even if I feel better. But later when I learned why, I seriously wondered why they don't tell you why it is so important to finish the bottle and how antibiotics are becoming a problem in making bacteria stronger.

If you don't finish the prescription, you may not kill all the bacteria and you may get sick again. The bacteria still alive can then become resistant, worsening the infection you already have, and making it harder to treat.

Why didn't they hand out neat pamphlets with pictures describing how this happens. With the bacteria being green squiggly balls with red eyes and sharp teeth and the antibiotics being happy blue balls. I just don't remember the doctor or pharmacy guy ever summing up quickly even why you need to finish the bottle. And so I wouldn't because I felt better.

I do now though.

Found something here. This looks pretty good.
bacteria.jpg

I don't use 'em unless I downright have to.

Dangerous things antibiotics, and they are dished out far too readily in my opinion :(

They kill all the bacteria and stuff in my stomach lol...I end up getting the craps so bad I almost want to live with the infections.....and in the last few years I have had some serious ones lol.

Which doctor did you have Greg? We had a dude named Dr. Minnick or somesuch and he told us why we needed to finish the bottle. In my family we always had to finish the bottle...

Just use your antibiotics responsibly; I don't want to die a horrible death from a bug which you help make immune to the few antibiotics that I can take in the first place...

...friggin ebola gonna rise up from the jungles and wipe us all out...
...damn monkeys...

Grimloc said:
Just use your antibiotics responsibly; I don't want to die a horrible death from a bug which you help make immune to the few antibiotics that I can take in the first place...

...friggin ebola gonna rise up from the jungles and wipe us all out...
...damn monkeys...

Really now, there was no need to emphasize the "you" in your facetious remark. And yes, antibiotics can't do anything for viruses, chummmmp!

Back