Anti-Missile System?

Mekt-Hakkikt

Mpanty's bane
Greetings!
I am playing SOPS once again but for the first time I realize that the Capships seem to shoot missiles from their turrets at incoming torpedoes. I only saw it twice and do not know if it was a coincidence, so please tell me if you experienced the same.

Well they have missile turrets in WCP/SO and in the books the capships have anti-torpedo missile launchers that are either single or gattaling style as described in ER

I just played another mission and saw another thing, I never saw before: An Orca destroyer launched torpedoes at the Cerberus (or very slow missiles <g>). They did not hit but anyway I never saw it before. Am I going crazy and seeing things? Or did that happen to someone else, as well watching Capships launching missiles to shoot down torpedoes?

In all the ship editors Ive seen the capship missiles are included as a shipfile (love to fly one :D) although not torpedoes or anything like that... could be along the same idea, with whatever the capship targets being the best available "enemy" target. Ten gets you one that if there was nothing near a capship but an enemy IMREC that yes, indeed, the IMREG would be fired upon.

Back