ANOTHER R-Named Death

DAMN, Margo, just go check out the movie "The Right Stuff". Not only is it a GREAT movie, it's educational. :D

Yeah Rodney got a lot of space on CNN's front page will Gordon was hidden away on the Sci/Space page

Sorry, I don't know a Gordon Cooper either. Who's that?

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I'm Dutch 'n all.

So cut me some slack. :D

Well, you can't know them all. But if you don't, you can't qualify as space nerd. And if you don't know, and won't Google, it's likely that someone will throw a fit :-]

Col. Leroy Gordon Cooper was a famous aviator and astronaut, testing experimental fighter craft and flying for the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo missions. And among other things, he was tech consultant for mobile homes, designed treasure hunting equipment, was R&D VP for EPCOT, and got the Sport Fishing Society of Spain Award. One of the things I liked most about him was that he was the first American astronaut to fall asleep on the launch pad during the countdown.

So, we was an interesting guy. Ah, and he was played by Dennis Quad in "The Right Stuff".

Fruitcake said:
Sorry, I don't know a Gordon Cooper either. Who's that?

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I'm Dutch 'n all.

So cut me some slack. :D

The only Dutch I know: Varkens in ruimte :D

The Right Stuff is a plain fantastic movie. Gordon "Hot Dog" Cooper was probably my favorite astronaut (maybe tied with John Glenn). Still Rodney Dangerfield is also a sad loss...well maybe not that sad but still too bad to see someone go.

I really thought christopher reeves was going to pull it off and walk again too...he was a great crusader for spinal/stem cell research

Back