Another Noobie Question

TonyG2

Spaceman
OK bear in mind I've played WC3 and 4 on the PSX for years so not entirely new but..

Just bought Prophecy and thanks to tips here (thank you!!) have managed to get it running smooth on an XP machine.

Just bought 3 and 4 for the PC. Both in the format of a CD ROM. Now I've seen mention of WC4 on a DVD based format.

Was that unusual as my limited trawling on the net hasn't found any mentio of a format other than CD ROM. And is DVD format preferable to CD ROM?

You know what Asher Kun made me that was really cool? He made me a DVD of all the cinematics from WC3. So you just watch it like a movie and it plays it all the way through. As he was working on it, he would just ask me what path I would take in the game such as whether or not to be mean to Maniac, or Rollins, or whether or not to keep drinking after the Behemoth mission. It's great. And then he put extra features on it that basically included all the paths I chose not to go on.

I'm hoping he can make me a WC4 one too!

There are 2 DVD versions. Single side: Same stuff, but on 1 DVD instead of the bunch of CDs. The Double Side: Higher quality movies. They need special hardware to play the movies, but I think there is a homemade patch somewhere.

Huh? Both are official Origin products. Just the patch to get the 2sided version to play without the hardware it was bundeled to is homemade.

Back