Another ingame Wallpaper!

Starman©

Spaceman
Hello Folks,

I was a little bored this evening, and then I remembered someone requested a battle-wallpaper. Well, it is not really a battle, but shortly before one :)

Note that all you see in this picture is from ingame-screenshots (no kidding :) ), only the fleet and the fighters were two different ones and I merged them later. They perspective may be not perfect, but for half a hours of work I thought it is worth posting. (I hope the title is correct grammar). The lights on the ship look way better ingame, but some of them get lost when making the screenshot.

Enjoy :

shownofear.jpg

No, he's faster so if wastes one quickly, stays away from the capships, and runs like hell, screaming for help the whole time, he just might live.

However, most of them are nowhere near this smart (points to AI pilots acting like ping-pong balls in the launch bay).

Moonsword said:
(points to AI pilots acting like ping-pong balls in the launch bay).

Only if you don't FRED them correctly :) . When a fighter, that is supposed to launch from a carrier behaves like that, then Freespace-AI thinks there is an possoble collision-danger and try to evade the other fighters.

I had the same-problems in the demo-missions. The clue is, to raise the time between two fighters launch, then the second one will stop acting like this.

Check the demo-missions for examples of sexpressions and positions.

Actually I was just going to wring Greywolf's neck, but I guess that could work. The odd part is it's not consistent, he usually doesn't do that, just occaisionally. It's one of a few minor bugs I'm tracking down in that mission.

If it happens occasionally, check if the player-ship is too close. This is definitly an AI-try to prevent a collision. After I raised the time between launches, the distance gets bigger, and the problem was solved.

But honestly, I think it took me nearly 2 weeks, more than 15 hours and one keyboard to figure this one out. But at least I learned for the future :)

Yeah that was a pretty long time ago now that I think about it....

Poor hellcat bastard though...better hope his AB supply is full...he's going to need it

Maybe the Hellcat is just the first of a full squadron of fighters and a confed battlegroup....if not....well if you run you only die tired ^_^

Well, this in one possible solution, but honestly, as I stated on HLP, my intention / feeling while making this picture, was the idea of a lonely pilot, lost in space (maybe after the destruction of his carrier), which has been suprised by the arrival of the enemy fleet, and is now going to face his inevitable destiny, fighting to the end without any fear in his heart. That's why I have choosen this name for this wallpaper.

(I should really get rid of this winter-depression :p )

Back