Another Episode

Jezzerr

Spaceman
Hey guys, loved UE you all did a great job on it....just one question, are you going to do another episode or just leave it with it's 11 original missions??

There will be more stuff from the UE team. It is not sure what format that will take. Right now we are talking about switching engines maybe.

I thought changing game engines would add a substantial amount to the development time, as opposed to sticking with Vision and making new missions...

Yes, it would significantly increase development time, however there are many people complaining that their modern PCs can not run Secret Ops correctly and therefore UE.

The other bonus of switching engines would be attracting more people to the sequel.

We'll have a poll about this soon :)

The upside to longer development is that the CIC would have something to report on until 2012 at least.

Ho hum I hoped the sarcasm might stop once we released

BTW Thanks to everyone who voted for us :)

Personally I'd preffer to stick with the vision engine but as has always been the case we're making this game for the fans, so if they preffer a delay for a better engine, or they just can't run the game then we have to listen.

Originally posted by Jezzerr
or just leave it with it's 11 original missions??

Even if the UE staff says that number, I disagree that there are only 11 missions (plus 9 sim). There are some losing paths that lead you to different missions. Try not finding the Fralthi on mission 1 and you'll be taken to a somewhat different story, with different fiction.

Back