Announcing Wing Commander Echo War!!

Shaggy

Vice Admiral
This is a story I've been working on for a possible S.O. Mod but I've sucked at the textures.
So for now I'm going to write this as a Fan Fiction piece in a standard novel style layout, but posted to a website. The site will also contain bio files on the heroes and villians as well as histories on the new fighter types and I'm going to try and set it up so that you have to get passwords from the storyline. For example: When the carrier's skipper takes command he recieves an information pack that contains passwords to access ship's files. The password is revealed during the telling of the story and then the reader can access the files that the skipper does.
Anyway to what your probably waiting for:
The Storyline
Just after the launch of the T.C.S. Midway the Captain of the T.C.S. Thresher suffers a freak, but fatal, stroke on the verge of setting out with new orders from Confed Intelligence. Frantically, Intell tries to find someone to replace the deceased skipper. General Taggert, now back as head of intelligence, decides to enlist the aid of an old wingman that owes him one.
Martin "Warthog" Chainner
Chainner was RIF'ed after the war with the Cats ended. He's in rough shape when Paladin offers him the job so he accepts. When he takes command though he finds that the ship reports directly to Confed Intel, as opposed to the regular space forces, and Taggert's son is the ship's wing commander- Kevin Tolwyn's ,younger, brasher, brother Adam has been assigned to the ship- and there is large group of Kilrathi aboard, known as the Bokan Terra.
He finds that the ship has been ordered to investigate rumors of a Kilrathi fragment building up a new fleet at an unkown location. New fighters have been witnessed attacking relief ships. The shapes are not recognized as any existing type of Kilrathi fighter, but they are definitely Cat in design.
After the ship sets out on its mission a spaceliner is attacked entering the Repleetah system. The liner recovers the flight recorder for a VIP yacht belonging to Hawkins aerospace. As the mystery deepens Chainner and crew must unravel it before this phantom fleet has a chance to strike at the Confederation.
------------------------------------------------------
The ending has yet to be decided but that could be a ways away.

P.S.
I'm going to leave the end relatively open so that it will be open for future stories with the crew of the T.C.S. Thresher. After the first run of Echo War I'll release the characters to anyone else that wants to use them, but I want to wait till after because of course not everybody will make it through;)

Back