Animated Dogfights Set New Music Video Stage (June 30, 2018)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Bazooka Joe has published an interesting Wing Commander themed music video. It's three minutes of fighter scenes stitched together from Wing Commander Academy to the tune of "Know Why." Wing Commander fan videos like this were common a while back, but they've fallen out of vogue in recent years. It's not really clear what the theme or motivation for this clip was, but it's more than just the intro paired to random music. Someone spent some time editing together all the combat, so here it is for your viewing pleasure:

Wing Commander Know why music video

--
Original update published on June 30, 2018

I don't know what that is, but I do know it's not good. I can appreciate the effort it takes to edit something together but apart from being a compilation of Academy action scenes, there's no coherence, not even in the music!... Apart from the first 1 min and 30 seconds, It's like they figured if they just take 5 second clips of a ton of techno tracks to avoid getting flagged on Youtube for copyright. They really should have ended the the video after the initial song was basically over. I guess it's possible the original track is actually that kind of terrible mishmash at the end and I don't "get" soundcloud re-mixers... Anyway, I'm fine with there not necessarily being a story in the video, but in those cases you really have to make the extra effort to match the mood and pace of the actual music.

Back