Andromeda galaxy larger than thought-astronomers

Ptarmigan

Spaceman
The Andromeda Galaxy is really large, despite its distance. I have seen it through my telescope and it fills up the whole view, even at low power. It is really large. The Andromeda galaxy is visible through a binocular or telescopen in the city. You can see it with your own eyes in a dark location. The largest galaxy known is an elliptical galaxy in the center of a cluster Abell 2029 and it is 5.6 million light years!

Andromeda galaxy larger than thought-astronomers

cool ther is nothign like seeing some figure on glactic size or distance is wrong....it is a reminder as Einstien I think it was saud "not only is the universe stranger than we think it's stranger than we can imagine" is true.

Yeah, but does andromeda have any kilrathi? don't think so!

I wish I could stargaze, but rio is too big with too many lights. very light poluted place.

Edfilho said:
Yeah, but does andromeda have any kilrathi? don't think so!

I wish I could stargaze, but rio is too big with too many lights. very light poluted place.

Kilrathi live in our galaxy, the Milky Way. I have the same problem too in Houston. Light pollution. :mad:

Edfilho said:
rio is too big with too many lights. very light poluted place.
Same in Flanders (Belgium). In the eighties it was even worse, we'd very often have cloudless nights where the only star you could see was the north star & with a full moon ... nada!
If you look at a satellite image of Europe at night, Flanders is really easy to find!

P.S. : Interesting stuff about Andromeda. It's clear that when it's comes to the creation of universe, the scientists today are still making a lot of ASSumptions ;)

Back