And I will strike down upon thee with furious anger...

M

Murph

Help!!

I´ve tried to run WC3 on my Athlon 1,6 using XP Professional. I`ve already tried to run it with vmdsound, but no use.
I always get the error:

Not enough files available. Make sure config.sys contains the following line: Files 25

I remember how to handle this in the old days, but I`m a complete sap at computers now. I have to play this game again-I even got my wingman out again!!
Man, I`m so anxious to burn some cats...please make my dream come true!!

Murph said:
Help!!

I´ve tried to run WC3 on my Athlon 1,6 using XP Professional. I`ve already tried to run it with vmdsound, but no use.
I always get the error:

Not enough files available. Make sure config.sys contains the following line: Files 25

I remember how to handle this in the old days, but I`m a complete sap at computers now. I have to play this game again-I even got my wingman out again!!
Man, I`m so anxious to burn some cats...please make my dream come true!!

You could run the game on your 1600XP?! Wow, Im getting runtime error with the demo version! :(

I wouldn`t exactly say I`m able to run the game. I can`t even install it. It`s the first thing that happens when I click on wc3.exe. Which is what I`m supposed to do in order to install the game...or not?
Execute the file with vdmsound leads to the the same result.

Well, config.sys and files=25 looks specifically DOS to me. And the only means of getting DOS on a WinXP-machine is, as far as I know (not that I'm an expert/guru or anything) is Virtual PC... :(
I think there's a Sticky here somewhere with details on getting at least Privateer running in XP. Have you looked through it?

No, but that might be a good idea. Never heard of a thing called Virtual PC. If it does what it implies, it might be very helpful.

Back