An Ode To My Favorite Ship

Major General even. Doesn't anybody read or notice those announcements?
smile.gif

Last edited:
I read through the announcements before I made my first post! But that's beside the point. (I don't expect a medal for it.) Nice ode, FooFoo. Nice anthem, Dralthi5. Whatever happened to Frosty anyway?

------------------
Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Thanks, WW
rolleyes.gif
. It was a parody of that Mel Brooks/Carl Reiner thing, in case you didn't catch that.

Okay, call me silly, but isn't Lieutenant General (***) a higher rank than Major General (**)?

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh that ode was great....
smile.gif

------------------
SEPHIROTH (ICEMAN)

[This message has been edited by SEPHIROTH (edited August 22, 2000).]

According to the Wing Commander III section in The Kilrathi Saga book, Major General is a higher rank that Lieutenant General.

------------------

[This message has been edited by WildWeasel (edited October 20, 2000).]

Okay, but in real life Lt. Gen. is higher than Maj. Gen. Just thought I'd make that clear.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

... except cave 76!

Anyway, my goof... in WC, Major General is higher than Lieutenant General. Presumably because this makes more sense (plain Major is higher than plain Lieutenant).

Frosty is still here.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I wasn't sure about Frosty because Death made it seem as if something had happened to him. Is he still a moderator?

------------------

FooFoo, great ode!

And welcome to the 'board!

------------------
Meson

Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

WildWeasel said:
You took the words right out of by mouth. I wasn't sure about Frosty because Death made it seem as if something had happened to him. Is he still a moderator?

Frosty, at this time, is not a moderator. If you're curious, don't be.

What curiosity did to the cat can be done to others, too.
wink2.gif

[For those without the proper browser plug-in, that was a joke.]

Seriously, though, <admin>the reasons for Frosty's removal from the moderation list aren't subject to discussion on this board, and are between him and the WC CIC staff.</admin>

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

Great ode, but I was just thinking, what was wrong with the PTC anyway? Is that explained in the novel (which I can never get my hands on), and how did the Concordia end up in the sea? This has probably been mentioned somewhere, but can't remember where.

The PTC had this odd habit of... well... exploding and taking the ship that it was mounted on with it.

The Concordia was taken out in the defense of Earth after the fake peace with the Kilrathi (a really short, mysterious version is in the Victory Streak timeline (2668). The full story is in Fleet Actions)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

I was only concerned about the health of another Wing Commander fan. I don't like gossip anyway.

------------------

There's a reason there weren't many of the Dreadnaughts left...

*rimshot*

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

So you have indicated, but I mean how many of them, at one time or another, did exist? I'm sure this has been discussed in the Dreadnought topic somewhere, but I only know of the Confederation and the Concordia(WC2). Assuming that the Concordia's PTC didn't go boom, does that mean the nameship's PTC did?

Back