Am I dumb...? WCIII

moparbob

Spaceman
No matter what I've done, I can't get WCIII to run on my machine. I'm using an ACER laptop with VISTA. I can get through the set-up in dos box .74, but thats as far as I get. I'm using the CD's, which I even copied to the hard drive. Compatability mode doesn't seem to do anything for me either. Should I just give up, or is there help for me yet?

Did you follow the steps in the Tech Support section? https://www.wcnews.com/techsupport.shtml#wc3 The most likely scenario is that you're not mounting the drives correctly.

We need more specifics on what happens when you finish the setup and try to play the game. Do you get an error message? What does the prompt say?

Last edited by a moderator:
latest error

I figured out that I needed to mount two drives (duh). the error message is:

open failed on file: ..\..\DATA\SOUND\GFSAMPLE.IFF

I did pass and save settings in the set up screens. I also saved all three file type choices before exiting set-up.

Thanks for the help.

I typed exactly what the link, that you provided, had in it. "C:\wc3" said bad command so I typed E:\wc3. ( e:\ being my dvd rw drive)

OK Figured it out. Your help was invaluable! Just needed a little direction. I screwed up a couple of things. got it now.

Back